F1 Thread!!! | Page 64 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

Bernie makes me laugh every time he opens his mouth .... this one is his answer what happens if Monza doesn't come up with the cash after 2015 race ... (their contract expires)

"Should the Italian race disappear
Ecclestone is in favour of replacing it with
a race in Baku, Azebeijan." (apparently it's hard to spell it correctly)

Why not to give all the races to all oil and gas rich countries/regions ... looks like we are heading there ... I guess as long as they pay Bernie all is good.

The F1 has nor respect anymore for the things which has made it the pinnacle of motor racing in the past. It's a joke and will continue to be so.

Ferrari made a mistake in Bahrain, they should have called Kimi in for the 2nd pit stop 3-4 laps earlier. Not sure what happened to Vettel, made too many unnecessary mistakes. Should have let Kimi pass from the beginning.
That's exactly what I thought. They could have gone for the win but were too focused on not finishing 3rd.

It's a complex arrangement, one needs to be a student of the game to fully appreciate. Boring as **** and greedy as a mofo are actually positive attributes in this high stakes affair. Hundreds of millions of lemmings make it possible.

quote of the year

Ron Dennis referring to Eddie Jordans disparaging comments about McLaren's 2015 season.....

"I consider Formula One a bit of a family. Families live in villages, villages always have a village idiot and he fits the bill perfectly."

:lmao:

Last edited:
quote of the year

Ron Dennis referring to Eddie Jordans disparaging comments about McLaren's 2015 season.....

"I consider Formula One a bit of a family. Families live in villages, villages always have a village idiot and he fits the bill perfectly."

:lmao:

Lol.

There is some subtle irony in Ron's comments though..........

What do you guys think of the Williams race at Silverstone? I think they made similar mistake like Ferrari did several months ago. If I were Rob, I would have given signal to Massa to let Bottas pass with one condition that he has to pull away and build some gap. Whether or not Bottas could pull away in the front, Massa would get the right to pit first so that Hamilton/Rosberg wouldn't be able to undercut him then Bottas would hit the pit one lap later as usual.

With this strategy if Bottas wasn't able to pull away then the position would switch automatically between him and Massa (after pit stop). If Bottas managed to pull away then by pitting Massa first both Williams would be pretty safe from being undercut by the Merc. This strategy would be fair for both Massa and Bottas, similar to Red Bull strategy at Monaco GP.

Last edited:
It was not easy to find this thread for some reason.

Who's watching it? The racing has actually been pretty good lately. The 2016 tire rules are an improvement, and has directly contributed to some of the interesting action. The lack of co-operation between Hamilton and Rosberg could be trouble for Mercedes but has also created opportunities for other drivers

I have been watching sporadically. I would rate it as sort of worth watching. It is still about tires, tires, tires (which top racing is not ... look at MotoGP) ..... engines .... seems like Ferrari has caught up somewhat to MB in that department. Or it looked like that in Montreal.

But I don't think the lost love in MB team will cause them title ... no way.

Big disappointment must be watching the duo McLaren/Honda ... boy what an embarassment.

Does anyone understand what just happened with Hamilton? I don't get how he can bank a grid penalty now to stockpile parts for later races

I get it now. I guess I was getting bad summaries.

It's a very Smoky Yunick solution to Lewis using up his engine allotment - apparently what Mercedes did was put a new engine in the car, put a lap on the engine, and then repeated this twice. They are left with a new engine in the car and two "used" engines they can freely swap to later in the season without penalty.

For those of you without cable.... now that KAT is shut down.... where do you guys get your F1 stuff from??

Guess that mans I have to buy one of those boxes now :(

I also assume that kodi only works for when its Live? what about after the fact?
You can install kodi on your laptop and then hdmi to your TV if you are only using it for that.

Go to kodi.tv -> download page. Or the android app store with chrome if you have an android account.

Yes live only.

Back
Top Bottom