F1 Thread!!! | Page 48 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

86 was the last race for F1. Awesome place to watch, it's like a mini sized Mosport, the sounds from the cars echo from all the trees that are around the circuit.

I finally got around to watching the race, and it got pretty entertaining towards the end. I said to my dad Rosberg would pass Hamilton in 3 laps tops once the safety car pitted, but obviously I was wrong. I too think Maldonado got off easy for that incident.

-Dad also remarked that the safety car sounded way better & louder than than the F1 cars
-Does anybody understand why lockups were so prevalent for the first 2/3 of the race?

What did Vettle say in response to being told that Riccardo was in the same tires, but fresher? I think it was "good luck" regarding letting him go by.

Still waiting on Kimmie and Vettle to settle into sharper form. They're being SPANKED by their respective teammates.

And lol @ Alonso lapping Massa late into the race after the disaster of a pitsop for Felipe. From battling for third to being lapped by third place--such is racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Dad also remarked that the safety car sounded way better & louder than than the F1 cars

LOL ...... We have discussed this to death. Conclusion is that your dad's hearing is slowly going, because the new cars sound great .... So we are being told, the people with the bad hearing, you know.

I believe that Vettel asked the team what tires Riccardo was on, and when he found out they were the same tires he was currently on, he said "That's what I thought"

You might be right though.. that is just what I heard. I didn't rewind it or anything.

What did Vettle say in response to being told that Riccardo was in the same tires, but fresher? I think it was "good luck" regarding letting him go by.

Still waiting on Kimmie and Vettle to settle into sharper form. They're being SPANKED by their respective teammates.

And lol @ Alonso lapping Massa late into the race after the disaster of a pitsop for Felipe. From battling for third to being lapped by third place--such is racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL ...... We have discussed this to death. Conclusion is that your dad's hearing is slowly going, because the new cars sound great .... So we are being told, the people with the bad hearing, you know.

I agree fully, the safety car sounds badazz compared to the F1 cars haha

I heard "tough luck"

Went back and listened to PVR again and that's what I hear again.

I believe that Vettel asked the team what tires Riccardo was on, and when he found out they were the same tires he was currently on, he said "That's what I thought"

You might be right though.. that is just what I heard. I didn't rewind it or anything.

The other main talking point of the race was Sebastian Vettel’s refusal to obey a team order from Red Bull management to let his team mate Daniel Ricciardo through. Unlike Bahrain, where the Australian was on the faster tyre compound, here they were on a similar plan, albeit Vettel’s tyres were four laps older. Ricciardo was simply faster and after Vettel had said it was “Tough Luck” on Ricciardo as he had no intention of moving over, the Australian passed him anyway, Vettel and the team saying that the German yielded the place to his team mate eventually. Ricciardo said he wasn’t sure whether he was being given the place or not, but had more speed.

Haha, even better then!! :)

Absolutely. That was the most entertaining part of this last race IMO.

BmelQR-IgAAhTr4.jpg

Much respect to the late great Ayrton Senna, the world's best ever racing driver, lost 20 years ago today.

Good time to bring up the Senna documentary. Amazing. Will have to watch it again in honour of the man.

Also available on canadian NetFlix last time I checked (a few months ago)

[video=youtube;sfosF-ZAbR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfosF-ZAbR4[/video]

The 91-93 seasons were in my mind probably the best F1 has seen. Senna didn't have the best car during this period, but it was competitive enough for us to see how great he really was.

My racing hero!

I remember waking up every sunday morning when I was around 9 and up just to watch him race!

And I remember vividly watching that race 20 years ago!

Back
Top Bottom