Every Thursday Group ride. Steels and finacial dr Mississauga | Page 75 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Every Thursday Group ride. Steels and finacial dr Mississauga

Ok. Let me rephrase that.

NO
Maybe...
Just for clarification....
You should add some info the original post.
Oh.
Wait.
It is all there. ?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Should be a go this week. It will be the last one that I'm in for a while because of upcoming business trips.

Weather radar looks sketchy - spotty rain showers scattered everywhere.

I think that's it for this season. The next couple of weeks I'm tied up, and after that it's getting dark too early and it's too hard to move the start time earlier.

I'm in North Carolina. Next week I have to get ready for the last race weekend of the season. After that we're into October and there won't be much daylight available. If someone wants to take over for the next couple of weeks then be my guest, but for myself - 'Til next year!

I'm in North Carolina. Next week I have to get ready for the last race weekend of the season. After that we're into October and there won't be much daylight available. If someone wants to take over for the next couple of weeks then be my guest, but for myself - 'Til next year!

Thanks for hosting. I only made it out to 1 this year but great route.

I wanted to ask you, is it just me, or have they been putting gravel down on all the good twisty roads? Found a section of Sideroad 15 with gravel on it today. I've seen that on some other roads in the Milton area too... like hard packed gravel. It seems like a motorcycle deterrent

It's "chipseal" a.k.a. "tar and chip". There's no malicious intent - it's a cheap way to renew a road surface without a complete repaving. But it has to be re-done every few years. The section on SR 15 was done a few weeks ago. It's perfectly rideable after the initial loose surface scatters or packs down, which it mostly has - I went over it three times this weekend. Most of the secondary rural roads in southern Ontario have chipseal surfaces.

Some of the lesser travelled roads will take longer for the loose stuff to either scatter or pack down.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I went on a ride about a month ago in North Milton and it must've been very fresh 'chipseal' because it still felt like tight gravel. You are right though, SR 15 had some gravel on it, but underneath, it was decently solid.

Back
Top Bottom