Any scotch lovers out there? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any scotch lovers out there?

eddy's r6

I'm on call and it's been a hectic week to say the least. (30 odd hrs since Tuesday) I just got home and poured myself a bit of 25yr old Glenmorangie. It feels so nice to sit in my favorite chair with a good scotch and my dog so happy to see me.

I'm on call and it's been a hectic week to say the least. (30 odd hrs since Tuesday) I just got home and poured myself a bit of 25yr old Glenmorangie. It feels so nice to sit in my favorite chair with a good scotch and my dog so happy to see me.
Send me your addy.You can't drink that alone.Maybe i'll bring along some of my favorite elixer.
glenbreton2.jpg

I second that! Mix with a shot of Amaretto and you've got a godfather. Smooth and tasty! :cool:

I second that! Mix with a shot of Amaretto and you've got a godfather. Smooth and tasty! :cool:
If it's mixed with anything more than my sense of taste and smell,it's too much!

It's not for everyone (because of the smell and mossy taste), but after a really long day, I love a Lagavulin with 2 ice cubes

The problem is trying to limit myself to just one ... heh

:) Excellent choice! I stick with my Glenlivet 12 year single malt!

Ya baby! thats what I'm talkin' about....!!!

I agree - anything more than ice in your drink is a waste!

Nothing beats a good scotch and a good cigar! (well maybe some things beat that, but thats another story!)

My old standby is McCallum - sherry casked, light, smooth and tasty...mmmmmm!

If you havent tried it, and if your into the sherry oak cask flavor, one great tasting Scotch i ran accross at the LCBO is called Glenddronach - 15 yr - very tasty and very, very reasonable in price!

hmmm you've just reminded me - i haven't broken into my collection for quite some time....

I love a fine Bowmore or Bruichladdich.. neat, always neat..

My old standby is McCallum - sherry casked, light, smooth and tasty...mmmmmm!

If you havent tried it, and if your into the sherry oak cask flavor, one great tasting Scotch i ran accross at the LCBO is called Glenddronach - 15 yr - very tasty and very, very reasonable in price!

hmmm you've just reminded me - i haven't broken into my collection for quite some time....
If you like that sweet kind of after taste,you might like this new product from my favorite distillery. (and a great ride there to boot) They use old "Ice Wine" casks in the process.Never tried it myself.Sounds good tho! Check out this location http://www.glenoradistillery.com/ We tool the goldwing out there a few years ago and stayed at the distillery in one of their chalets on the hillside.Awesome time and the roads are incredible!
GBice10.jpg

And p.s. It's "The Macallan" 18 yr old is my second fave.

Last edited:
Sherry cask Glenmorangie..........the sixteen men of Tain were inspired when they came up with that.

Some of you KW area guys might be interested in this. http://www.kw-quaich.org/ I'm not a full member but I've gone to a couple of tastings/dinners and found it very interesting. There is often a guest speaker representing the distillery, and the dinner, from appetizer to dessert is selected to reflect the qualities of each scotch being tasted.
It's a bit of an old boy's club, but that can be interesting in it's own right.

You boys really have to try Caol Ila, cask strength - the 20 yr old, neat. Really nice, can't spend the entire evening drinking it though.

I've tried the Glen Breton...didn't really enjoy it. Not as smooth as I would have liked. Tried that ice-wine version as well, nice, but not nice enough for me to pay what they were asking. The roads around there were nicer than their scotch ;)

Have another round boys, I'm just settling in with two fingers of Lagavulin and a Cohiba, thinking of warmer evenings and longer days.

I cried when I couldn't get any more Carduh at the LCBO :( Anyone know where I can get my paws on some aside from ordering online.

Here's my list I have posted at my desk.. My friend used to work for a distiller and one of the 'master distillers' or whatever they are called went on a scotch tasting tour of Scotland and devised this list.

He considered the below to be the best all around sample of different scotches at a reasonable price point. I believe the most expensive is the Cao Ila at $100 or so.

Anyway, you can see how far I have gotten on it and I have no complaints yet. Edit: Bold has been tested - full bottles only, no singles allowed.

10 Scotches to Drink Before I Die

Inchmurrin Lowland Malt
Edradour Highlander
Longmorn 15 Year Old
Glendronach 15 Year Old
Clynlish 14 Year Old
Aberlour Cask Strength A’Bun
Highland Park 12 Year Old
Bruichladdich 10 Year Old
Cao Ila From Islay
Bowmore 15 Year Old

Last edited:
If you like that sweet kind of after taste,you might like this new product from my favorite distillery. (and a great ride there to boot) They use old "Ice Wine" casks in the process.Never tried it myself.Sounds good tho! Check out this location http://www.glenoradistillery.com/ We tool the goldwing out there a few years ago and stayed at the distillery in one of their chalets on the hillside.Awesome time and the roads are incredible!
GBice10.jpg

And p.s. It's "The Macallan" 18 yr old is my second fave.

I second the Macallan. Talisker is also a favourite of mine.

I plan on touring the Glenora this summer when I am out there with the group from DOCC.

Back
Top Bottom