Advice for first 2up Ride... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advice for first 2up Ride...

It's easy, just hang on! Actually, you don't even need to hang on...see last pic. Move with your rider...that's what I did. I would love it if there was such a thing as passenger racing, my man and I would be up for it for sure :D This is at Cayuga this past weekend:

2UP5-1.jpg

2UP11.jpg

2UP7.jpg

2UP4.jpg

2UP15.jpg
That looks so awesome!

I had my future first passenger sit on my bike with me while I got aquainted with the feeling. It wasn't that bad at all. Pretty stable. I could feel every move she made, but it wasn't as exaggerated as I expected. This is going to be fun.

Well, I finally had my first passenger on Wednesday the 4th. It was alot easier than I expected, and very fun. I'm definitely doing it again. I got lot's of practice by stopping every 10 mins or so (we were doing other stuff as well) and also had some experience in a slight sprinkle...

Next time I'm taking her out, we're going for a longer trip that will be easier. It got annoying to have to take off our helmets so often.

If your passenger is a male...tell him to masturbate first..you don't want something poking you..it just makes the ride that much more uncomfortable.:lol:

If your passenger is a male...tell him to masturbate first..you don't want something poking you..it just makes the ride that much more uncomfortable.:lol:

I'd rather someone poke me in the back through more than 4 layers of clothing than to have to tell a guy to walk over to the woods and rub one out. I'd really rather not have his hands near me after that.

I'd rather someone poke me in the back through more than 4 layers of clothing than to have to tell a guy to walk over to the woods and rub one out. I'd really rather not have his hands near me after that.

good point!

tell her shes allowed 2 free helmet smacks. 3rd one means you pop the clutch at 11,000.

*LMFAO*

That's so true...and for some reason blondes usually end up smacking up into my helmet a lot more than anybody else...just kidding!

First off, I don't give rides just to anybody - mainly my girl or my close friends if they need a ride to their bikes! I've been riding for 6 years and I realized that a BAD PASSENGER can get you into a lot of trouble.

I have a short chat with them before which includes all of the points that everyone's made so far. The only two things I have to add are that ONE I ask them to put their hands on the tank and NOT ME when stopping (saves my wrists over a long ride), and TWO if there are any kids waving at us she/he HAS to wave back! :D

~Paul.

The other thing is a bit of a "soft" issue, as opposed to a "bike handling" issue. Keep your passenger's comfort in mind when riding. Don't tailgate, weave in traffic, or do dangerous stuff. Accelerate sensibly and try to brake well in advance of when you need to. Make it comfortable and fun. It's easy to scare a passenger to the point that they don't ever want to ride again.
--- D

I'll describe the perspective of the passenger.

My friend did what I lot of people have been recommending in this post -

1) Made sure I had the right gear
2) Instructed to keep feet on pegs
3) Insructed to stay on the bike until he said it was ok
4) Asked how I wanted to hold on
5) Did a short trial run before our trip

The second time I rode as passenger on my friend's bike we went on the highway by accident. [wrong turn] - scarred the hell out of me but it was also really fun.:D If I wasn't such an adventeruist and if he didn't make sure I knew what to do I probably would have freaked out and that would not have been good. :confused:

tell her shes allowed 2 free helmet smacks. 3rd one means you pop the clutch at 11,000.

She should sit freely and not slide into you.
Lean with your body.
If you're planning on high speeds she could cross her fingers around your waste.

On my R6 I don't even know there's a passenger

some of this may have been already said - here goes

For you:
1) I don't ride with anyone over 140lbs (sorry, but it just gets harder to control the bike..plus my balls hate me)
2) your stopping distance is going to greatly increase and so will acceleration times etc...be ready. take it easy
3) Plan out a route. Roads you know like the back of your hand and easy turns. No funny turns + inclines etc...
4) Ask her at stop lights how she's feeling...and if all is well back there.

For her - tell her the following:

5) don't ask her to lean. but when turning left, look over your left shoulder and when turning right, look over your right shoulder.
6) when you brake, she should put her hand/palm on your back. this will keep her from sliding into you every time you brake.
7) she can put her arms around your waist or one arm around waist and one arm on shoulder.
8) Assure her that you're not going to go fast. and that she should expect jerk back when you move/accelerate from a stop and slide when you brake.
nothing more to it.

by the way, did she just say "she wanted to ride ?"
cause you can give her a ride and then get on the bike. LOL

I think everything has been covered from the above....major points...1) no jerky movements 2) absolutely no leaning and 3) tell her to hold and tight and enjoy...Im sure there has been a lot covered. She aint ready dont force the issue time will come.

Enjoy!

I think everything has been covered from the above....major points...1) no jerky movements 2) absolutely no leaning and 3) tell her to hold and tight and enjoy...Im sure there has been a lot covered. She aint ready dont force the issue time will come.

Enjoy!

nobody refuses that honey!
IMG_0891_low.jpg

nobody refuses that honey!
IMG_0891_low.jpg

ROFL should I change my signature already...it took me a year to figure it out...Im a guy no offense but thanks sweetheart lol unless Im mistaken and if thats the case my apologies.

peace!

I have passenger-ed before and yes you will notice some differences. You will notice the added weight, your shifting habits will change, you will need to break and or slow down sooner and will take more distance. But different bikes will react and handle differently.
Here is a like to an article I found that gave me some pointers and some sort of idea what I would be in for.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/streetsurvival/motorcycle_passenger/index.html

Last edited:
just gotta stick my 2 cents in here. most of the replies have referred to the passenger as 'her' or 'she'.
well, when my hubby had a broken arm that didn't keep us off the road. he was my b***h for a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

that said, it did take a little getting used to for both of us. start out easy, even a couple turns around the block till you get the feel of the extra weight. My rule for the back seat is that I'm the one doing the driving, you just keep yourself upright. warn me if you have to adjust anything and most of all enjoy the ride.

just gotta stick my 2 cents in here. most of the replies have referred to the passenger as 'her' or 'she'.
well, when my hubby had a broken arm that didn't keep us off the road. he was my b***h for a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

that said, it did take a little getting used to for both of us. start out easy, even a couple turns around the block till you get the feel of the extra weight. My rule for the back seat is that I'm the one doing the driving, you just keep yourself upright. warn me if you have to adjust anything and most of all enjoy the ride.

ROFL. @ he was my b***h for a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Hey Tom,

The above is all good advice. My first passenger was my own brother, who came to visit me in Vancouver. I didn't care to kill both of us, but it wasn't that bad. My bike was a Kawasaki sport-cruiser, and he had a backpack on when I picked him up from the airport, but it went pretty well. The bike will corner and brake heavily, with your passenger's weight pressing against you as you slow down or turn, but it's not that difficult. Aim for a leisurely ride, and you'll both have a great time.

For leaning just tell her to plant her boobs on your back and make sure they stay there through the turn.

through the turns? she can keep them there for the whole ride!:D

p.s. i will be doing my first 2up ride some time in the next month so thanks to everyone who responded to the thread!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom