Decent Article - Why We Ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Decent Article - Why We Ride

He should have expanded on the social aspect of it.. One of the best parts of riding is just getting together with a bunch of people I would have never met otherwise and either sharing some good roads or exploring. If s**t happens, we help each other out. It's team-work with full individual freedom. Definitely beats cajun road trips lol

absolutely no mention of the environmentally friendly aspects of riding a bike, lovely ;)

"Motorcycling is a resounding social plus: reduced traffic and
parking congestion, better fuel economy and fewer noxious emissions. Motorcycle ownership should be a Green
party litmus test. Sadly, these benefits are lost on the majority of Americans"

And just exactly would you call that? An excerpt I just copied and pasted from the article. :rolleyes:

Hi all
For me is a therapy! A full contact with life, I can smell every single place I rode by, I can feel the temperature changes in every zone I passed!! No bike is no life!

For me I Love it .. I got my license this year in March 28th & 29th at Humber Colleage the 1st course for the season, March 30th I got my M2 never looked back.

In May I took the Fast riding course in Shannonville loved it what a thrill and very humbling I put on 31,000 km did my last ride on Tuesday night November 24th and the only reason why I have stopped riding ..

The bike has no power needs a tuneup or something.
I loved where it has brought me and the decent people I have met , most of all colin or better known as C_Jones .. Decent decent guy.. Thanks Colin for all your help and advice

Now I want another bike a little bigger but still keeping my F4i
Biking there is nothing like

Not so Environmentally friendly.....

absolutely no mention of the environmentally friendly aspects of riding a bike, lovely ;)

I know this is an old thread but.....

The author did mention something about bikes being an alternative to gas-wasting cages. But you need to be careful here, because although bikes may use less fuel, the emissions are significantly dirtier - more particulate, more oxides of sulfur and nitrogen etc.
check out this article if you're not convinced:

http://www.wheels.ca/article/334875

Hi all
For me is a therapy! A full contact with life, I can smell every single place I rode by, I can feel the temperature changes in every zone I passed!! No bike is no life!

... deep

Well said

Agree 100%. As a returning rider I was suprised to see that most bikers still wave to each other. Have stopped to use my cell phone on the side of the road and another biker would stop and check if I was OK. Or stop for pull out a water bottle for a drink and biker would stop to check. Even if I pulled off to take a photo, sure enough someone would pull up to ask if I am OK.

I now pull into a Timmies or get of my bike before using cell phone.

would be nice if this culture spread in our daily life. World would be a better place to live.

I always wave to fellow riders probably the most important social part of it for me. We're all in this together anyways regardless of what type of bikes we ride. Bottom line for me is that it's fun, some like thrill seeking fun, others just a nice long scenic ride, but fun nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom