Why can't I reply in Classifieds?? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why can't I reply in Classifieds??

I should have removed that last post as soon as I sobered up and realized what I said.

Sorry to all who were offended but I stll meant every bit of it. Just try to pretend I didn't swear like that. lol

My appologies.

SLOMAG.

what about having a forum only for responses/questions with regards to classifieds?

My input to that rukus is no as fights will start there again and we will end up cleaning it up like we used to.

Is it really that big of a DEAL (<-see what I did there) to be able to add comments on FS threads?

If I’m selling Bike A
And someone else comes on looking to sell another Bike A

What's to stop him from killing my sale by posting BS?
Nothing

Need answers?
PM works
E-mail works

Every user needs to have a valid e-mail to join GTA so why not just us that to contact the seller?

Seems easy to me
But then again I'm not the brightest apple on the tree

I like the idea Paul. Keep it the way it is.. :thumbup:

That isn't going to stop the useless responses.

but it could also allow insightful responses..
for example last year someone was selling a bike with less kilometers then it actually had (friend sold him the bike)

but because of the no resposes allowed I couldn't post it or say anything...

i understand when you say its too much work to filter out the crap, but aren't there like 10 Mods, if not more..

how much work can it be?

All i know is that this is the only messageboard to not allow responses to the classifieds section. And i hardly ever see it abused on other MB's.

if people cannot post responsibly in that section then ban them temporarily, but it is important to leave quick questions, because the user could have left a simple detail out of the ad that 100 people may inquire about, in your setup pm or email system will be flooded, or it could be answered by one simple post, when the inquirer posts the question on the ad.

but it could also allow insightful responses..
for example last year someone was selling a bike with less kilometers then it actually had (friend sold him the bike)

but because of the no resposes allowed I couldn't post it or say anything...

i understand when you say its too much work to filter out the crap, but aren't there like 10 Mods, if not more..

how much work can it be?

This is exactly what we don't want and exaclty why we STOPPED allowing responses. Your situation above is simply a "he said, she said" scenario.

What if YOU were selling a bike - and someone that was ****** at you posted in your post that it had more km's than listed? True or not - it WILL hurt your sale.

I'm not doubting your story - but looking in from the outside - who are we to believe. Now it becomes the mods job to investigate? Try and figure out who's telling the truth?.....LOL..so yea..it can be a little more involved than you might think.

because the user could have left a simple detail out of the ad that 100 people may inquire about, in your setup pm or email system will be flooded

1- the user has now learned a lesson about selling - put in as much detail as possible.

2- the user can simply edit his/her post after they receive the FIRST pm or email telling them a simple detail was left out.

:D

This is exactly what we don't want and exaclty why we STOPPED allowing responses. Your situation above is simply a "he said, she said" scenario.

What if YOU were selling a bike - and someone that was ****** at you posted in your post that it had more km's than listed? True or not - it WILL hurt your sale.

I'm not doubting your story - but looking in from the outside - who are we to believe. Now it becomes the mods job to investigate? Try and figure out who's telling the truth?.....LOL..so yea..it can be a little more involved than you might think.

not really a HE said SHE said... it was his bike.... he knows how many kilometers were on it, but that might be besides the point.
I can understand your point about this though.
What about for questions, general comments.

Why would it be the mods job to find out who's telling the truth?
Do you do it now in the other sections? obviously not, so why would the for sale section be any different.

Last edited:
Leave the classified section as is ... there was just way to much BS going on in different threads.

Everyone had comments to make about the price, shape, colour ... whatever .. and than another guy would jump in. By the end of the day the thread was 3 pages long and going nowhere!

Right now, post up your price etc, if you dont want to pay that price .. move along.

1- the user has now learned a lesson about selling - put in as much detail as possible.

2- the user can simply edit his/her post after they receive the FIRST pm or email telling them a simple detail was left out.

:D

see, this is the reason we need to add comments.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=69552

i'm mildly interested in these, but the guy has no price and i'm not going to bother asking him either via pm cause i don't want to go through the hassle. However, i would have left a quick post asking the price.

this is not at all uncommon.

i'm mildly interested in these, but the guy has no price and i'm not going to bother asking him either via pm cause i don't want to go through the hassle. However, i would have left a quick post asking the price.

then just shoot him a PM to ask about price.

i quite enjoy the "no-reply-to-classifieds" rule on GTAM.

Hello all..

A while ago it was brought up about not having reposnses allowed in the Classified section of GTA Motorcycle because of people commenting on price...using the forum to trash others etc. A few ideas were thrown around and we had a compromise of adding some strict rules about posting in that section.

There are various links throughout that section outlining the rules, yet it is a constant fight. We issue infractions and we get nasty PM's in return. We don't need the abuse and refuse to take it. The rules are clear and simple, however some feel they desereve to have their say about another persons product and/or asking price.

We are now going to not allow any responses in the Classified sections. The original poster will be able to respond to their own post in order to bump (not more than once a week). The original poster will also be able to edit, and delete their own thread once it has been sold.

If you are interested in something for sale, use the PM function or contact the seller however they request on their ad.

Unfortunately it only takes a few to ruin good things for everyone.

Thanks to everyone for helping keep GTAM clean and fun!!

Paul
makes complete sense.
if OP gets a PM'd question and deems it relevant for all, he'll just EDIT his post to show the new info. DONE!

in other boards i see 'editorials' on 'why is the price so high?' i could get new for ..' or the less useful .. 'my brother-in-law's, dentist's boyfriend has the same bike except it is 600cc and has after-market pipes and it is 8 years newer... but i LUUUUUUUUUUUUV this bike'

All i know is that this is the only messageboard to not allow responses to the classifieds section. And i hardly ever see it abused on other MB's.

if people cannot post responsibly in that section then ban them temporarily, but it is important to leave quick questions, because the user could have left a simple detail out of the ad that 100 people may inquire about, in your setup pm or email system will be flooded, or it could be answered by one simple post, when the inquirer posts the question on the ad.

I can think of two boards that don't allow replies in the classifieds, one of them recently stopped allowing replies due to chatter and fake bumps and arguments in the threads. The staff hated having to police for that stuff and the people thought the infractions were unfair.

This is one of the laziest things I have ever heard.
>> clickityclick... Price? > send
Is easier than:

Back
Top Bottom