Why can't I reply in Classifieds?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why can't I reply in Classifieds??

i do not make the call on who is or is not a mod but the ones who offered i would say had a shall we say less than stellar record in these matters.
you have to remember that as a mod i act on behalf and at the sole pleasure of the site owner (paul) and anything i do moderating,or posting is veiwed by many as the way the admin think.(what i post is what i think and what i say is what i mean and yes i can be a sarcastic pr@@k)

I'm pretty sure we had people offering to mod the classifieds. As well, who supports this site more? the regulars who post on here and aren't willing to risk their reputation ripping people off or a yahoo with 3 previous posts trying to sell a warped zx12 for $14000.

Have you noticed that most of the problems and complaints are coming from sellers who haven't really been around the site for a while.

I'm sorry but if your prices are right and you aren't trying to sell people garbage you aren't going to get your thread flamed, infact anyone who tries flaming a thread unnecessarily usually ends up getting flamed themselves.

CHANGE IT BACK PLEASE

Your post above is exactly why we stopped the responses....you made up an imaginary transaction...and you STILL call the seller a "yahoo". LOL

Again your only showing me one side, the buyer's side...if someone with three posts wants to sell a warped zx12 swingarm for $14000...why does that make him a yahoo??....Why does that make him a rip off artist??...

It's simple...if you don't like the deal....don't buy the swing arm....

That is my biggest problem with the classifieds....is everyone wants to police it instead of actually adding anything worth while.

It's a classified section to post buy & sell items....it IS NOT Redflag Deals where you dicuss where you can buy an item cheaper!!

Paul you've created this site to be a motorcycle community by and for motorcycle riders. Don't you think its in the best interests of the average rider to have some imput into preventing ripoff artists. Obviously malice isn't nice and anyone who is destroying someone's post should be dealt with. There are so many scams and even if we prevent 1 out of 100 people from getting ripped off I think its a good thing.

Plus PM is a very efficient way to contact someone. If you are selling a rim and forget the side you are going to get 100 PMs.

To spin your logic a little bit, why do we even bother having fraud police? If people are stupid enough to get suckered in then who cares??

Could we at least let the poster decide whether or not to allow posts? I'm sure anyone with NOTHING to hide would accept posts on their thread. I know if I was selling anything (and I have sold things through these classifieds) that I wouldn't care and allow the community to make comments even haggle a little bit.

Face it our classifieds are craigslist now

PS. I have some land in florida for sale ;p

Paul you've created this site to be a motorcycle community by and for motorcycle riders. Don't you think its in the best interests of the average rider to have some imput into preventing ripoff artists. Obviously malice isn't nice and anyone who is destroying someone's post should be dealt with. There are so many scams and even if we prevent 1 out of 100 people from getting ripped off I think its a good thing.

Plus PM is a very efficient way to contact someone. If you are selling a rim and forget the side you are going to get 100 PMs.

To spin your logic a little bit, why do we even bother having fraud police? If people are stupid enough to get suckered in then who cares??

Could we at least let the poster decide whether or not to allow posts? I'm sure anyone with NOTHING to hide would accept posts on their thread. I know if I was selling anything (and I have sold things through these classifieds) that I wouldn't care and allow the community to make comments even haggle a little bit.

Face it our classifieds are craigslist now

PS. I have some land in florida for sale ;p

Agreed, plus its a good way for people who are not as familiar with bikes as others to build the comfidence that they are buying a good bike if everyone comments on the given, and even get advice about the bike.

Also if i were selling my bike, i would want to know if my priceses were too high.

Just wanted to share my recent experience on the inability to post in Classifieds.

A seller had an item for sale and I was interested, however I wasn't sure if the item would fit my bike. I had to PM the seller and wait for a response from the seller on if the item would fit my bike.

The seller wasn't sure if it would fit my bike (1 model year off), however it would have been helpful to me if I was able to post 'would this fit on X model' and hopefully tap into some of the other more technically aware members with the bike and part in question, rather than have to wait for a PM from the seller who wasn't entirely sure if it would or wouldn't fit.

Understanding the Classifieds seem to generate excess work for those involved with the site, perhaps a few Jr. mods specific to a fourm might alleviate some of the general grunt work.

Regards,
Two

Just wanted to share my recent experience on the inability to post in Classifieds.

A seller had an item for sale and I was interested, however I wasn't sure if the item would fit my bike. I had to PM the seller and wait for a response from the seller on if the item would fit my bike.

The seller wasn't sure if it would fit my bike (1 model year off), however it would have been helpful to me if I was able to post 'would this fit on X model' and hopefully tap into some of the other more technically aware members with the bike and part in question, rather than have to wait for a PM from the seller who wasn't entirely sure if it would or wouldn't fit.

Understanding the Classifieds seem to generate excess work for those involved with the site, perhaps a few Jr. mods specific to a fourm might alleviate some of the general grunt work.

Regards,
Two

A simple post in General Discussion... "will X part fit X bike?" Problem sovled.

Classifieds is not for discussing motorcycles....general motorcycle discussion is for discussing motorcycles.

More mods will not solve the problem of a few who think like we are "just out to get them"....and whine "take my infraction back"...and "I can say what I want"....and my favorite "wait till we meet"...:rolleyes:

A simple post in General Discussion... "will X part fit X bike?" Problem sovled.

Classifieds is not for discussing motorcycles....general motorcycle discussion is for discussing motorcycles.

More mods will not solve the problem of a few who think like we are "just out to get them"....and whine "take my infraction back"...and "I can say what I want"....and my favorite "wait till we meet"...:rolleyes:

Paul clearly no one agrees with you on this one. Put your torch out, you're off the island! lol :)

Good point on a simple post, however to me it seems that discussion on "will X part fit on X bike" maybe be more relative to the part in question that is for sale in the Classifieds vs. a new thread in GD with a link to the thread/part in Classifieds. Potientially reducing the number of whimisical posts in GD in an already pretty busy fourm.

Guess, it's really six of one half-dozen of another.

Anyways, keep up the good work regardless of how you choose to run your board.

Look forward to meeting up again on a ride sometime this summer .. Errr I mean "wait tell we meet". :D

I had a good laugh on that "wait till we meet" comment that was pretty funny. However I'm sure it's probably just the tip of the Iceberg.

Cheers,
Two

Your more likely to get more and better answers in GD as alot of the more informed experienced riders may not visit the classifieds! :)

Hope to get out riding with you too....I'm not afraid of you, you've wimped out on baseball and dodgeball...LOL :p

Cheers

Paul

Good point on a simple post, however to me it seems that discussion on "will X part fit on X bike" maybe be more relative to the part in question that is for sale in the Classifieds vs. a new thread in GD with a link to the thread/part in Classifieds. Potientially reducing the number of whimisical posts in GD in an already pretty busy fourm.

Guess, it's really six of one half-dozen of another.

Anyways, keep up the good work regardless of how you choose to run your board.

Look forward to meeting up again on a ride sometime this summer .. Errr I mean "wait tell we meet". :D

I had a good laugh on that "wait till we meet" comment that was pretty funny. However I'm sure it's probably just the tip of the Iceberg.

Cheers,
Two

Thats funny ....It was one of your mods who e-mailed me several times with comments such as wait until i bump into you or i cant wait till we meet face to face and i never even had a prior conversation with this gentleman.....well after four emails filled with abuse and threats i advised said e-thug that i was about 6 feet tall and close to 300 lbs and used to play semi-pro ball and id like to take you up on your meet and beat offer ....well within an hour poof there went my account.
So i guess your mods arent exempt from that infintile behavour ....and proof of this was sent to one of your mods and nothing was done about it

The proper response is to pm admin with the e-mails and let them take care of it. Trust me we(the mods) do get reamed by admin.

So I can't respond now too! WOw this is a sad day for this site - half the fun was giving props, or dropping drops on the good and the bad classifieds ads.

Can a mod please tell me why my priveleges were revoked?

Thanxs gta! Since you disabled everyones privileges to post in the clasifieds, i couldint get anyone to vouch on a great deal i fount that seemed too good to be true, well it was and i was scammed for 130$......thanxs again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanxs gta! Since you disabled everyones privileges to post in the clasifieds, i couldint get anyone to vouch on a great deal i fount that seemed too good to be true, well it was and i was scammed for 130$......thanxs again

Don't blame me because your too lazy to do your homework.

Don't blame me because your too lazy to do your homework.

Obviously the guy should have researched his deal a little more but not being able to use the people on this site as a resource is like not being able to use the internet for your research paper, yes you can do it either way but its much more handy and easier to use the GTAM community.

Is there anyway the poster can enable messages to his thread? They would then waive any recourse in the event someone else posts something they don't like.

Obviously the guy should have researched his deal a little more but not being able to use the people on this site as a resource is like not being able to use the internet for your research paper, yes you can do it either way but its much more handy and easier to use the GTAM community.

Is there anyway the poster can enable messages to his thread? They would then waive any recourse in the event someone else posts something they don't like.

I guess the solution is to clutter the General Discussion forum with hundreds of questions on the ads in the Classifieds to get feedback from the other forum users.

^^^^ LOL oh What happened to the once 'free' internet where you could do anything and speak your mind freely? It seems like these days it is becoming more and more restricted on both a macro level - ISPs saying how much and what you can / can't download/ upload, and on a micro level - the Stalinistic restraints on free speach that are appearing on a lot of forums these days...

sigh...

Because the internet isn't free, someone has to pay. Here it is Paul, he makes the rules. You don't like it, go elsewhere.

People get over it, decision is made bitching about it (when Paul has clearly stated his reasons over & over) is a waste of time.

Send a PM or email to the seller. It's isn't really all that much harder than a post.

Back
Top Bottom