Avatars and Signatures | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTracing38

Site Supporter
Customizing Your Avatar

If you wish to use your own picture as an avatar (the picture under your name) you can do so by signing into GTAMotorcycle and clicking on the user CP (Control Panel). Click on "Edit Avatar" in the left hand menu bar. From here, you can:

Type or paste the URL of the picture into the Option 1 line (photobucket – use the address found on the first line, other photo-hosting sites – use the location line of the properties window).

Or

Click the browse button at the end of the Option 2 line to upload a picture from your computer.

Note: Your avatar must be smaller than 80 by 80 px and less than 6kb. Most photo-editing software programs will allow you to change the picture size.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adding a picture in your signature line

Sign into GTAMotorcycle and click on the User CP (Control Panel). Next, click on "Edit Signature" in the left hand menu bar. Scroll down until you see the "Signature Picture" box. From here you can:

Type or paste the URL of the picture into the Option 1 line (photobucket – use the address found on the first line, other photo-hosting sites – use the location line of the properties window).

Or

Click the browse button at the end of the Option 2 line to upload a picture from your computer.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Signature".

Next, you need to click on the link that says "Insert Signature Picture". Your image will not appear in your signature until you do this. (see attached image below)

~~~~~​

Troubleshooting

If the "Insert Signature Picture" link does not appear for you, you can type {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC} into the "Edit Signature" box (replace { and } with [ and ]).

Alternatively, you can change your user interface to "Standard" by choosing "Quick Links" from the top blue menu bar and then "Edit Options". Scroll down to the bottom of the page and change your "Message Editor Interface" to "Standard Editor".

Now go back to User CP and then "Edit Signature". You should now see the link. If not, upload the image again and the link will appear.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 300 by 100 pixels or 29.3KB (whichever is smaller).

Attachments

• insert.jpg
    insert.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
question
i dont get the link "Insert Signature Picture" after uploading D:

i went to modify my signature pic, but the site is limiting me to a 150 x 75 pixel image. How can I increase this size back to 300 x 150?

i went to modify my signature pic, but the site is limiting me to a 150 x 75 pixel image. How can I increase this size back to 300 x 150?

Ditto.

Kinda disappointed in this.

I see no one has posted in here since 09 but anyway... is there a way to get Fuelly signature pics into my signature?

I feel like a bit of a moron, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to edit my signature any more. I can edit everything else, but I can't find anything to click on in order to edit just the sig.

So I uploaded my sig picture no problem, but when I click the "Insert Signature Picture" button nothing happens. Any ideas? Not sure what more I can do besides clicking the button. I even tried deleting all text from my sig and it still wouldn't insert the picture.

So I uploaded my sig picture no problem, but when I click the "Insert Signature Picture" button nothing happens. Any ideas? Not sure what more I can do besides clicking the button. I even tried deleting all text from my sig and it still wouldn't insert the picture.

Maybe try using another web browser? This editor is a little wonky.
Also, are you uploading from your computer or a website. There's two options.

Maybe try using another web browser? This editor is a little wonky.
Also, are you uploading from your computer or a website. There's two options.

I uploaded from my computer (tried the URL option and it failed with some sort of file write error), and the image shows up in the box, so it's definitely okay size wise. I've tried Firefox 3.6.10 and Internet Exploder 7.0.

Is your pic within spec?

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 250 by 100 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Yes, as I said the image uploaded fine and is displayed in the "Your Current Signature Picture" box. FYI, the new size limit is 100x50 or 97.7kB. Mine is 100x49 and only 40kB.

BBCode for images is turned off for sigs... I even tried html image link, no good...

Works for me.

Edit: I removed the test pic from my sig so it doesn't show now but it was there.

I have all permissions except HTML. Could this be a setting you can toggle

This may be because I have site supporter access.
Maybe you should contact a mod or admin to find out if this is why.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom