Stolen bike registry | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen bike registry

Stolen 1988 Gsxr400, London Area.

So I haven't posted here in a while but I'm frantically looking around and could use anyone's help right now. Copying this post from another forum:

My bike was stolen several days ago out of my driveway (in London, Ontario). I've reported it and contacted the insurance company; the cops don't think I'll see it again. I should have posted this earlier, but I've been busy with classes, searching frantically for it/parts of it online, and generally moping. Suffice to say, I posted ASAP in some Toronto-local forums, but have delayed posting on 400greybike and here until now. I'm losing hope each day, and wanted to broaden my horizons.

bstance1.jpg

Anyway, here's a brief description: It's a 1988 GK73A, blue/blue/white with a passenger seat and pegs. The VIN is GK73A101899. There is mild cosmetic damage to both sides, more prominent on the right - most visible next to rightside headlight (scuffing to front/right fairing). There is a crack where the right side frame meets the fairing bolt in the deeper blue of the right side fairing, as well (crack invisible but bolt visible in picture). The front turn signals are aftermarket; 'carbon fiber' style. The speedometer needle is broken, leaving only the center of the needle where the motor (spool?) is. The front brake is very squishy, probably related to the stock rubber brake lines (or it just needs bleeding). The carbs either need a sync or to be cleaned, as it felt anemic and weak in certain spots on the powerband. It had just under 18,000km on the clock, last time I saw it. The ignition was punched out and may be damaged/replaced.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. She was my baby and all I want is to be able to ride again. If you have ANY information you think I may find valuable, please contact me in the following ways:
Email: snausages357@hotmail.com
Phone: 519-860-8730

Thanks.

Re: Stolen 1988 Gsxr400, London Area.

So I haven't posted here in a while but I'm frantically looking around and could use anyone's help right now. Copying this post from another forum:

My bike was stolen several days ago out of my driveway (in London, Ontario). I've reported it and contacted the insurance company; the cops don't think I'll see it again. I should have posted this earlier, but I've been busy with classes, searching frantically for it/parts of it online, and generally moping. Suffice to say, I posted ASAP in some Toronto-local forums, but have delayed posting on 400greybike and here until now. I'm losing hope each day, and wanted to broaden my horizons.

bstance1.jpg

Anyway, here's a brief description: It's a 1988 GK73A, blue/blue/white with a passenger seat and pegs. The VIN is GK73A101899. There is mild cosmetic damage to both sides, more prominent on the right - most visible next to rightside headlight (scuffing to front/right fairing). There is a crack where the right side frame meets the fairing bolt in the deeper blue of the right side fairing, as well (crack invisible but bolt visible in picture). The front turn signals are aftermarket; 'carbon fiber' style. The speedometer needle is broken, leaving only the center of the needle where the motor (spool?) is. The front brake is very squishy, probably related to the stock rubber brake lines (or it just needs bleeding). The carbs either need a sync or to be cleaned, as it felt anemic and weak in certain spots on the powerband. It had just under 18,000km on the clock, last time I saw it. The ignition was punched out and may be damaged/replaced.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. She was my baby and all I want is to be able to ride again. If you have ANY information you think I may find valuable, please contact me in the following ways:
Email: snausages357@hotmail.com
Phone: 519-860-8730

Thanks.

I'm new to this forum but noticed this forum while looking for ways to secure my bike. While I am a avid cyclist I also have a fancy for motor bikes as well. I'm not sure if this would help you out mate but I believe I saw your bike or one that looks like it (going from memory) I remember the glow of the front lights distinct to the look of your front bike light riding up around Hwy 7 & Leslie St. a couple days ago. I remember the bike buzzing a friend of mine and I as we're riding. At the red light I remember looking at the front wheel of the bike because the dual (disc brakes?) looked eye catchy but also remembered thinking back to myself why have a motor bike in clean looking good shape but with rusted screwed up front? It just totally looked a bit odd but I dismissed it as a friend of mine were riding and talking at the same time.

This was about 21:00 at the time. Most I remember (and this is really foggy asI did not really pay attention to the driver) was a white shirt, possible blue jeans or dark pants and a dark helmet (tinted) visor.

Dunno if it's your bike or not just saw this thread in google and your bike triggered some flashback. Hope if helps some. Never owned a motorbike before but I know theft sucks bollocks. I've lost 2 expensive bikes before. :(

Zero_Enigma

This is a great idea... but anyway, here's something I stumbled upon...
http://toronto.craigslist.org/mcy/429428679.html
sounds kind of fishy to me... but hey, what do I know?

Oh that post is more than fishy....

1) I hit a pot hole and the front wheel dented so I threw it out..... one hell of a pot hole.

2) No title...even if it was bought to stunt he for some reason would not want the title becase?

Not hard to see through this one. Tempted to get the VIN and hone in to see if it's stolen. Get someone after dirts like this...

It's hard to hear so many bikes are stolen and never recovered, I wish no one would experience such a loss and heartach, one consolation is that it was only material loss (as hard as it is) and not personel. What can we learn from these mishaps? How can we prevent from happening? What would you do differently? (we know there isn't 100% protection). Experts please comment.

Oh that post is more than fishy....

1) I hit a pot hole and the front wheel dented so I threw it out..... one hell of a pot hole.

2) No title...even if it was bought to stunt he for some reason would not want the title becase?

Not hard to see through this one. Tempted to get the VIN and hone in to see if it's stolen. Get someone after dirts like this...

i came across that same add and thought the same thing so posted it on a different forum, small world.

what i do over the winter, i have a space in an underground lot, so i get all my friends with bikes and chain them all together in the one space, with 20 lb locks, theft proof,

sorry to hear so many bikes are going missing, you never think your bike will go missing until it happens, i see many bikes in alleys with not even the ignition lock on though, silly...

Is anyone able to get in touch with the previous owner/administrator of the site. If not I could likely make one with search/lookup and other features (never saw the original site). Feel free to pm me if the other guy can't be reached.

adri

for those that had their bike stolen I would like to know what you used to secure it before it was stolen and where it was stolen.

just wanted to learn to secure my bike better from others misfortune. I never asked how the security was broken or the exact location. Just a general what type of security was used so I have a general idea to avoid those and a general location such as a mall or home garage etc...

Here is another bike that was stolen from Cambridge recently.

Bike was stolen by someone that was "test" riding before purchasing. He provided all fake information and never returned with the bike.
Keep your eyes peeled for it! Thanks!

"2003 kawasaki zx6r custom gunmetal grey paint, muzzy exhaust, undertail kit, chrome zx6r levers"
n507352524_764566_1212.jpg

n507352524_764567_1503.jpg

Another stolen bike, scooter this time, identical to the blue one in this image, but very very banged up
derbi-atlantis-100-02.jpg

Solten yesterday in downtown : KTM 625 SMC 06 with Xena alarm disc lock in a parking.
moto008sq6.jpg

RECOVERED

Last edited:
Know before you buy ... Do a CPIC on your bike and see what the cops know!

http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/English/ind...N=18438587&jsessionid=bc301677691210529207414

The Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) was created in 1966 to provide tools to assist the police community in combatting crime. It was approved by Treasury Board in 1967 as a computerized information system to provide all Canadian law enforcement agencies with information on crimes and criminals. CPIC is operated by the RCMP under the stewardship of National Police Services, on behalf of the Canadian law enforcement community.

The public can use this site to help keep their neighbourhoods safe by checking and reporting suspicious vehicles. Use the Search button to enter our Stolen Vehicle & Bicycle page. Here you can enter licence plates, VIN numbers, or serial numbers to verify for stolen vehicles or bicycles.

Back
Top Bottom