After an Accident: Understanding the Claims Process | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

After an Accident: Understanding the Claims Process

Claims process... lmao. My bike was stolen 2 years ago, made a claim with State Farm. Recieven registered mail within 4 days of the claim cancelling my policy. Insurance is a cashgrabbing joke. Record profits?? Such a joke.

Claims process... lmao. My bike was stolen 2 years ago, made a claim with State Farm. Recieven registered mail within 4 days of the claim cancelling my policy. Insurance is a cashgrabbing joke. Record profits?? Such a joke.

Numerous people on this board have had they're claims paid by the same company. Why were they cancelling the policy?

Look up State Farm's "record-breaking profits" from last year.

Having being just hit some things that were in my tank bag were damaged, namely my camera and phone. I wasn't at fault, I'd like to know if these things are covered.

Your contents are covered to the degree you're not at fault.

So, if for example you are 25% not at fault and the actual cash value of your camera is $100, you will be paid $25 for the camera.

You are also covered for the loss of use of the contents.

Lets say your golf clubs were damaged in an accident. You were 50% not at fault. You were playing golf that day and had to rent clubs at a cost of $100. You can be reimbursed $50 for the rental clubs.

Regarding the complaint section there is another place you can call and file a complaint, if they feel it's valid they will put you in contact with the obnesman who deals the insurance company, and he will put forth your complaint with clout.

Do you have the contact information for the Ombudsperson??

Great post thanks for information.Sorry i can't read the full topic.If i had a bike insurance than company will pay me claim if i injured through an accident or just give claim for bike only?????

Last edited:
"As long as your insurance company approves the estimate, you may have your vehicle repaired at the repair shop of your choice."

I was rear-ended last Wednesday - stayed upright - rear fender bent, marker lamp and turn signal lens and bar broken/bent. 2014 HD Heritage Softail - bought last Sept. Shared info, then went to NY CRC 5pm. Called-in my claim to Allstate Thur am and dropped my bike off at Davies Harley 5pm thur. Was at an impasse Friday morning as HD wants 2hrs for inspection/estimate and Allstate says they don't pay for estimates - I'll have to take it to their recommended auto-body shop to get fixed (free estimates there).

Finally convinced them to send out an adjuster - they say 3-5 business days. Not sure what will go down as won't HD still want time to do an estimate even if the adjuster has determined a repair amount? Do you guys take your bikes to the insurance-co partner auto-body shops or m/c dealers?

Do all companies suck for motorcycle fixes as Allstate does? I've got two cars, two bikes and my home insurance bundled - could save a few bucks elsewhere (good record) but thought Allstate would be better during claims!

Even though it was not my fault, I thought I was doing a good thing by minimizing damages, i.e I could've called-up a flatbed tow, incurred storage fees at the CRC, etc. Authorizing HD 2hrs for the inspection/estimate would also save having the adjuster go out on a trip, it may be able to be completed online.

Sucks to be me. Learning my lesson though - next time, just fall over, stay down, and wait for the ambulance ride - you'll get treated better than an honest person.

Back
Top Bottom