PA 1000 lb Lift On Sale to March 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

PA 1000 lb Lift On Sale to March 3

ReSTored

got one in the fall, cant imagine life without it anymore

got one in the fall, cant imagine life without it anymore

How's the wheel chock on this one? It looks a bit on the flimsy side. Is it possible to not use the provided chock and use a standalone chock on the lift instead?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

How's the wheel chock on this one? It looks a bit on the flimsy side. Is it possible to not use the provided chock and use a standalone chock on the lift instead?

I use my PA lift without the chock, on centerstand instead which means front wheel can be easily removed. The OEM chock is too flimsy for my 750lb bike IMO. Try it and keep it if it works for your bike, if not, then easily replaced with something more sturdy.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

the chock sucks, pretty much the only complaint I have, I just use pit bull stands

Thanks gents. I have a Baxley chock that I may try and make work. For those of you using ratchet straps, assuming you drilled holes and added your own eye bolts etc?
Cheers,
Rob

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Can't speak for others, but for me the real value of a lift is avoiding sitting on a cold garage floor to service brakes, do oil changes or other things that require you to bend over, kneel and do other things that stress an older frame (my 60+ YO frame, not the bike's). I don't bother with straps as the HF lift I have is very stable with my bike on the centerstand. When not working on the bike I lower it down as a safety precaution.

Like heated gear, once you have a lift you wonder how or why you managed without one.

Thanks gents. I have a Baxley chock that I may try and make work. For those of you using ratchet straps, assuming you drilled holes and added your own eye bolts etc?
Cheers,
Rob
That particular model linked in the first post comes pre-driilled w/ eye bolts. They do sell other lifts that look very similar, but are rated for 800lbs, don't have the pneumatic hose and aren't pre-drilled with eye bolts. I'm pretty sure I have read of others using the Baxley chocks on this same lift.

That particular model linked in the first post comes pre-driilled w/ eye bolts. They do sell other lifts that look very similar, but are rated for 800lbs, don't have the pneumatic hose and aren't pre-drilled with eye bolts. I'm pretty sure I have read of others using the Baxley chocks on this same lift.

Thanks.
I read the reviews on the PA site and several folks mention the lack of tie down points...although yes the pictures show it with them.
My bike does have a centre stand as well, so I think between that or the chock I’d be good.

Rob

They must have just added the eye-bolts. I purchased the same lift last year and I ended up drilling my own.
I don't trust the choke or if the bike is on the centre stand when the lift is up in the air.
The lift is solid but ratchet straps all the way for me.

Back
Top Bottom