What travel sites do you use for booking hotels. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What travel sites do you use for booking hotels.

I call the front desk of the place I want to stay.
All those booking sites are BS as far as I'm concerned.
"Finding" me a price that's $2 or $3 lower isn't really too impressive.

Really are they? Who really has time to call around several different places to check price and availability?
And it's not always $2 or $3 bucks.
Plus they might not give you the best rate anyhow.
It's your money and time.

yeah

it's kinda the same as my take on auto parts stores
go in, wait your turn for service
while the clerks take 15 phone calls right away
folks at the counter and those waiting are ignored

I have also grabbed my phone and called the store
and had a conversation with the guy 3 feet away
on the other side of the counter

Sounds like typical customer service in Canada.... it's really bad.

I went to pick up some food the other night, just some fast food, not expecting much.
But when the girl bagged it all up, she was too busy chatting with her co-worker next to her to even say anything to me, and handed me the items sideways while in conversation, with no eye contact just a hand outstretched...

I find this is quiet the norm around here. In the states it really is much different.

Sounds like typical customer service in Canada.... it's really bad.

I went to pick up some food the other night, just some fast food, not expecting much.
But when the girl bagged it all up, she was too busy chatting with her co-worker next to her to even say anything to me, and handed me the items sideways while in conversation, with no eye contact just a hand outstretched...

I find this is quiet the norm around here. In the states it really is much different.

so this is totally offside from the thread, but it follows the new thoughts.
I eat in resteraunts 6-8 times a week, I'm not crazy about chain franchises, but at least they know why they are there. in private places my companions and I stare at each other asking why are we in here?? The staff see us as an inconveniece to thier day, busy folding napkins and cutlery rolls, and going for a smoke.
I've lately asked clerks at mens wear shops and book stores, is this a good time for you to help me spend money?? The lack of interest is appalling. I don't need the fake 'have an awesome whatever kind of day, you need today to be' , but when you walked past three times, my beer is empty and there are only 6 people in a 132 person diner?? get a wiggle on buttercup, I'm dry!!

Really are they? Who really has time to call around several different places to check price and availability?
And it's not always $2 or $3 bucks.
Plus they might not give you the best rate anyhow.
It's your money and time.

YMMV, but I have often managed to get rates with some major chains at 50% of what's advertised on booking sites, ESPECIALLY in the USA.
Canadian chains seem less flexible on price, but still... I find dealing direct to be the best bet.
Mom & Pop motels are easiest to bargain with.
One aspect I find funny is how when I book in Canada and ask about gov't rates... They're often significantly HIGHER that other "special" discounts.
In the USA... My gov't ID, even though foreign gets significant discounts.

It's all a game... They want your money... any of it.
Check in late, they have a choice... Take 50% or leave the room vacant and get nothing. Of course that's IF there a room Lol. (I've lost that game a few times, but won a few too)

Back
Top Bottom