Useful / Necessary technology | GTAMotorcycle.com

Useful / Necessary technology

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Looking for something to do this afternoon.Rear wheel on my MTS Ducati is a really nice Marchesini,but a filthy mess with old brake dust and chain lube.Pop it up on my pibull stand...pull the safety pin...slip into gear,brake on...spin the nut off with a 46mm socket...POP off it comes.I forgot how great this ss swingarm is.beer me,i'll clean it tomorrow.
P2170120_zpsfogykn06.jpg

Racedeck.It's a lot cleaner in the summer.My wifes civic brings a lot of salty crap in.

Racedeck.It's a lot cleaner in the summer.My wifes civic brings a lot of salty crap in.
How does it handle the extreme cold? Any warpage? Are you finding your garage is substantially warmer? Sorry for all the questions, but I've been looking for something that can handle Canada for a while now :)

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

How does it handle the extreme cold? Any warpage? Are you finding your garage is substantially warmer? Sorry for all the questions, but I've been looking for something that can handle Canada for a while now :)

No warpage.The only downside is the salt is tough to get off.I use CLR and my bissell carpet cleaner to scrub it.Hot tires have no effect whatsoever.And making tight steering changes with the car does nothing.With the cheaper Home Depot interlocking tiles,they will distort and buckle under the stress of turning car tires.I haven't found a solvent that hurts it.Even acetone.You can't weld over it.I dropped the Goldwing on it years ago and it made a dent,but didn't puncture it.My garage is insulated.I don't think it has any R value.Oh...it's expensive!

No warpage.The only downside is the salt is tough to get off.I use CLR and my bissell carpet cleaner to scrub it.Hot tires have no effect whatsoever.And making tight steering changes with the car does nothing.With the cheaper Home Depot interlocking tiles,they will distort and buckle under the stress of turning car tires.I haven't found a solvent that hurts it.Even acetone.You can't weld over it.I dropped the Goldwing on it years ago and it made a dent,but didn't puncture it.My garage is insulated.I don't think it has any R value.Oh...it's expensive!
Excellent. I will look into it. The Costco roll out stuff looks like the cheapest option, but doesn't hold up to Canada.

hat the heck is a car doing in the garage?? Sheesh some people!
W

hat the heck is a car doing in the garage?? Sheesh some people!
W

Lowers your insurance. Plus you don't have to scrap it off every morning in the winter.

Where did you get it?

Where did you get it?
There was a local guy who sold and installed it for me (easy to do,but i had a dislocated shoulder at the time).I think he is gone now.Racedeck.com should have a dealer locator.

Lowers your insurance. Plus you don't have to scrap it off every morning in the winter.

ow does it lower insurance? I'd rather scrape than have no place for the toys and puttering.
H

There was a local guy who sold and installed it for me (easy to do,but i had a dislocated shoulder at the time).I think he is gone now.Racedeck.com should have a dealer locator.
Looks like their based out of Sault Lake City....no mention of any Canadian dealer. He probably couldn't make a living up here.

https://racedeck.com/contact-racedeck/

I see a Canadian made alternative...but it looks like it would be a nightmare if you did drive your car in the garage in the winter as the salt and sand would accumulate in the gaps:

http://swisstrax.ca

Costco has some good ideas as well, but none of them seem to work for a Canadian environment. Looks like you have to dedicate your garage to work shop only....which is a pain if you have a sports car you drive in the winter as well.

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=Garage+floor

Also, if you pulled your sleds in to work on them, you'd rip this stuff to bits.

Conclusion: There is no perfect Canadian solution.

Looks like their based out of Sault Lake City....no mention of any Canadian dealer. He probably couldn't make a living up here.

https://racedeck.com/contact-racedeck/

I see a Canadian made alternative...but it looks like it would be a nightmare if you did drive your car in the garage in the winter as the salt and sand would accumulate in the gaps:

http://swisstrax.ca

Costco has some good ideas as well, but none of them seem to work for a Canadian environment. Looks like you have to dedicate your garage to work shop only....which is a pain if you have a sports car you drive in the winter as well.

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=Garage+floor

Also, if you pulled your sleds in to work on them, you'd rip this stuff to bits.

Conclusion: There is no perfect Canadian solution.

You could have it shipped to a Buffalo addy and pick it up there.And you are correct.There is no perfect solution for us Canadians.

Yeah, I don't recall insurance ever asking if my vehicles were stored in the garage or outside...

I've had a couple ask, so I don't know. Out of sight out of mind for thieves?

patterned concrete with in floor heat be damn near perfect I figure
Nope.
Salt destroys the colouring. And if you don't use sand in the seal coat, it's slippery af when wet.

But glycol (sp?) in floor heat? Yeah baby!
And while you're at it, keep going down the driveway.
So envious of the guy down the street that never has to shovel his driveway.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

In floor heat with acid stain concrete and a high gloss concrete sealer is woking pretty awesome, only down-side is the sealer is not solvent friendly. I clean it with a string mop, wash the car, then chase the dirt and salt water towards the drain with a rubber broom, floor heat dries the rest in about 2 hours. I think a nice, small river stone exposed aggregate would have been even better, has better traction when there is water or even a little snow on it, better for dogs too, but you can't clean exposed aggregate with a rubber broom, you can only use a bristle broom and leave it to air dry. Can't use a rubber broom on stamped concrete either, rubber broom works really good.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom