Jagmeet Singh | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jagmeet Singh

For the first time, in the last election, I voted NDP. It was because of the sincerity of the candidate. As far as leaders go, using the term lightly, it's like a TV reality show. Who gets to be the next PM?

Trump hair, Trudeau hair etc. Looks outweigh substance. Will Jagmeet's hair cover go against him in discreetly racist Canada?

Jagmeet Singh- haven't heard too much from him
Andrew Scheer - haven't heard anything from him
Justin Trudeau - don't like what I am hearing from him

Jagmeet is a relatively clever boy that will do whats best for HIM to stay in a position of power and keep a seat at the trough. He'll get some traction as he represents for a growing demographic, but it wont be enough given the middle provinces.
Unless the Cons find a candidate that will tick all the boxes , charisma, looks, maybe an ex celebrity they are in trouble.

Politics are the new fashion show.

Jagmeet is a relatively clever boy that will do whats best for HIM to stay in a position of power and keep a seat at the trough. He'll get some traction as he represents for a growing demographic, but it wont be enough given the middle provinces.
Unless the Cons find a candidate that will tick all the boxes , charisma, looks, maybe an ex celebrity they are in trouble.

Politics are the new fashion show

Got that right.

In the US Nixon / Kennedy battle there was a debate aired on radio and TV. The radio listeners gave the win to Nixon while the TV watchers gave it to Kennedy. Politics has been going downhill ever since.

I think he is a douch bag. No real examples why, just my impression. NDP party shouldn't even exist either. There is no free lunch, which is what they keep trying to offer.

nahh....not that I would ever want them in government
but I think they perform an essential role in Canadian politics

Liberal Party policy is a simple one: stay in power
without the NDP to remind them that they are supposed to be progressives
they'd move to the right of centre in a heartbeat, while pretending to be Liberal

The short stint of NDP that we had in Ontario was sufficient to ensure that I will never vote for NDP under any circumstances (and I will grant that it was very hard to hold my nose in the last provincial election), but I won't deny that they serve a valuable role. In certain situations they can prevent one of the two main parties from having an absolute majority, thus forcing the minority government to work with one of the other two parties instead of steamrolling everything through. (and just look south of the border for what happens in the absence of this)

The short stint of NDP that we had in Ontario was sufficient to ensure that I will never vote for NDP under any circumstances (and I will grant that it was very hard to hold my nose in the last provincial election), but I won't deny that they serve a valuable role. In certain situations they can prevent one of the two main parties from having an absolute majority, thus forcing the minority government to work with one of the other two parties instead of steamrolling everything through. (and just look south of the border for what happens in the absence of this)

The problem with our minority government system is that in a close race an independent back bencher can be the tail wagging the dog. Forcing the two top parties to form a coalition would represent the greatest number of Canadians but it would be like mixing gas and water. Can't burn it and can't drink it.

There's only one good thing about NDP - it takes votes away from Liberals.

As for taking money away from universities - about time. Majority of kids are getting useless degrees, wasting their own time and money as well as ours. All this in an atmosphere filled with nonsense, social and political propaganda.

Last edited:

As for taking money away from universities - about time. Majority of kids are getting useless degrees, wasting their own time and money as well as ours. All this in an atmosphere filled with nonsense, social and political propaganda.

I think everyone should get a university degree, A BA in "Why I'm not special". Then with the snot slapped out of their faces they pick a second course that heads them down the road of life.

Do you know where the term “university” comes from? In the UK we used to have “polytechnics” there was a difference between the two. While there’s definitely the odd course that has questionable merit, there’s a lot that go to make up a healthy society. While I don’t really know anything much about art history I can see where it has a value in society. The argument over which will provide a career is a different one.

Do you know where the term “university” comes from? In the UK we used to have “polytechnics” there was a difference between the two. While there’s definitely the odd course that has questionable merit, there’s a lot that go to make up a healthy society. While I don’t really know anything much about art history I can see where it has a value in society. The argument over which will provide a career is a different one.

Likewise, in Canada. Ryerson for example. But honestly, we're talking about the Federal government, so "edumacation" should be off the table for the moment.

Likewise, in Canada. Ryerson for example. But honestly, we're talking about the Federal government, so "edumacation" should be off the table for the moment.

Imagine if the right to vote depended on intelligence instead of age.

entire process should be contracted to Facebook
no elections, no politicians, daily plebiscites for every issue

then the bureaucrats enact whatever the popular vote is on each issue
direct democracy, would work awesome

Would it be decided by the first hack, the last hack or the one that lasts the longest?

probably whomever paid the most to have their interests promoted
so I guess not much different than the status quo....scrap that idea

Mensa, obv.!

Given my level of education , which included little beyond grade 11, I fear a world where the academics, promoting possible studies in art history, narrowed to painted Dutch furniture in Pennsylvania , would decide I'm unworthy to hold sway with my powerful ballot.
Given that I picked yellow over blue in the pallet.

Was it Shakespeare?? , first kill all the lawyers....

Back
Top Bottom