Why First responders/Paramedics, EMt`s, Ski Patrol. do not rush once on scene. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why First responders/Paramedics, EMt`s, Ski Patrol. do not rush once on scene.

cycling

Site Supporter
If you’ve ever been a witness at a motorcycle crash scene you may have noticed that medics (ambulance officers and paramedics) do not seem to be in any rush.

I was at the scene of a crash on Abercrombie Rd near Obern, NSW, and several riders were anxious and expressed concern because the first responders did not seem to be in any hurry.

Some other riders have also complained that nurses and hospital staff are sometimes flippant about injured riders who “drain their resources”. Read about the concerns of a safety expert.

It’s not because medics believe all motorcyclists have a death wish and don’t deserve immediate attention.

There are several very good reasons for the calm and almost painstakingly slow attitude of first responders at a crash scene.

Most American cop shows depict medics rushing to a crash scene, but that is not how it is in real life.

A rushing paramedic could trip and hurt themselves and/or break vital medical equipment;
•It can lead to making the wrong decision in a highly stressful situation;
•The sight of a rushing medic can create panic not only in the crash victims, but also bystanders;
•It can cause the victim’s pulse to beat faster, expelling more blood than is necessary and leading to other conditions such as heart attack; and
•It can cause bystanders to make rash decisions such as stepping out in front of passing traffic.

If you are ever at a motorcycle accident scene, the best advice is to stay clam, keep others calm and let the professionals do their job.

Taken from "Motorbike Writer"

Good info to know, thanks for the info @cycling, I learned it from this video first tho. F9 has some helpful info, with some less than ecstatic but still funny acting.
Can you put the link from where you got this info from (online article)?
https://youtu.be/yiXhoFGFxyo

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom