With your guidance Enduro/SM riders, I’ll save so much $ | GTAMotorcycle.com

With your guidance Enduro/SM riders, I’ll save so much $

Hey riders,
I’m new to this forum but sure could use a hand. Quick background: dirt bike as kid, Ducati Supersport S stolen with my own 1700km on it (2month ). Fell for the husky/ktm tech behind a thumper! Bought a Vitpilen 401. 2000km later it’s too small. I’m acquiring a 701 Enduro (19). With the bike show so close here in Toronto, what do I need? Slider that’s best? Bar end protectors, skid plate? Mirror option? Common peg upgrade? While it’s fun to sort it out, this kick in the right direction would be a great help.

Thx
scott

Heya,

There are quite a few dirt riders here, but i don't recall many if any rocking the 701. I'd start with Youtube and cross reference with whatever anyone else mentions here.

Are you buying the sm or the enduro model? Intended use?
If actual on/offroad I'd look for a skid plate, bark busters, case savers, and double take mirrors as the basics.
I'd also suggest looking at the new 2019 ktm 690. It now has the same upgraded dual balancer engine as the 701 and the Duke. It also has a full electronics package including cornering abs, slipper clutch, traction control, wheelie control and a quickshifter. The new 690 is a very nice setup.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I don't think you NEED anything, its all WANT, get the bike, ride it a bit, figure out what you don't like about it, replace it, repeat until satisfied
I just picked up a 13 KTM 690 SMC last week to boot around town on, should be fun

I don't think you NEED anything, its all WANT, get the bike, ride it a bit, figure out what you don't like about it, replace it, repeat until satisfied
I just picked up a 13 KTM 690 SMC last week to boot around town on, should be fun

I agree. Way too many people buy a bike, kit it all up, and THEN, decide it isn't for them.

I've been meaning to buy an extended screen and a custom seat for my WeeStrom, but it's ten years old now . . .

I agree. Way too many people buy a bike, kit it all up, and THEN, decide it isn't for them.

I've been meaning to buy an extended screen and a custom seat for my WeeStrom, but it's ten years old now . . .

Best advice.

You're buying a premium brand bike. It already has high quality components so aftermarket foot pegs, levers and stuff like that are jewelry. Get the bike, ride it like you want them make any changes (gearing, suspension, tires for example) that will make riding it more fun for you.

This really is the best group of responses. Wow. The jewelry reference hit home and I agree. I think a set of sliders is a great idea always. I bought the enduro. I think the real savings comes from not buying the jewelry at all.
Thx all. Be back soon with photos

This really is the best group of responses. Wow. The jewelry reference hit home and I agree. I think a set of sliders is a great idea always. I bought the enduro. I think the real savings comes from not buying the jewelry at all.
Thx all. Be back soon with photos

Cool, use an external hosting site like Imgur. GTAM sucks at hosting pictures (intentionally to keep IT costs down).

I'm a little confused as to your comment about the Bike Show being so close. Are you planning on buying the bike at the show and want to know about accessories to try and get thrown in on the deal? Or have you already bought your bike and are looking for accessories to buy at the show? Because you won't find any parts or accessories for sale at this show and you probably won't see many accessories for your bike at the up coming spring bike show either.

You were correct on all fronts. Lol. I bought the bike on the drive to the show and a new helmet when I got there. Nothing else.

woah, woah , just woah. I love this segment of the market, buy it new, put no miles on, farkle it up to the tits and sell it for -30% in a year. Lets not be so hasty here.

woah, woah , just woah. I love this segment of the market, buy it new, put no miles on, farkle it up to the tits and sell it for -30% in a year. Lets not be so hasty here.
Hell yes! Adventure riders are notorious for it.

Lol lol lol,and they are not all noobs.I did this last year.But it was a senior moment.Really!

Hell yes! Adventure riders are notorious for it.

Thats a good thing :D
then you can score a deal like I did on the secondary market. I scored a 2015 ktm 1190 adventure with only 12,000km but it has all the goodies.
sw motech side panniers, puig wind screen, givi/ ktm top case, grp slip on, heated grips, tour tech headlight guard, tour tech gps mount, adjustable levers ktm crash bars and a bunch of orange anodized bits.
saved me a small fortune
all I need now is the rider mod to utilize all this new found glory

Thats a good thing :D
then you can score a deal like I did on the secondary market. I scored a 2015 ktm 1190 adventure with only 12,000km but it has all the goodies.
sw motech side panniers, puig wind screen, givi/ ktm top case, grp slip on, heated grips, tour tech headlight guard, tour tech gps mount, adjustable levers ktm crash bars and a bunch of orange anodized bits.
saved me a small fortune
all I need now is the rider mod to utilize all this new found glory
Sounds about right. I ride with a group called SCAR (Simcoe county adventure riders) I find that half our members are brand new to offroad and riding 20 thousand dollar big bikes lol. I cant tell you how often I look at the trail we're on, then the bikes we're on and think, "What the hell are we doing here?".
Congrats on the deal.

Sounds about right. I ride with a group called SCAR (Simcoe county adventure riders) I find that half our members are brand new to offroad and riding 20 thousand dollar big bikes lol. I cant tell you how often I look at the trail we're on, then the bikes we're on and think, "What the hell are we doing here?".
Congrats on the deal.

thats not exclusive to adventure riders unfortunately lol

Well I do have to admit I’m still a newb for the most part.
I raced ATV about 12 years ago and three years ago started on two wheels on black top.
riding a custom chopper lol. It looked better than it rode.
I wanted miles so I bought a Harley Road Glide and put on 30,000km in 3 years.
I then wanted more performance, and some light off-road ability (mainly gravel or rail trail), but I still want to be able to pound out some miles. I started doing some research and as pricey as KTM is its a bargain when you’ve been shopping HD for 3 years.
im just itching now to get out and explore the back roads that I would never take my big shiny couch down.

Back
Top Bottom