Hang in there, winter's almost done. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hang in there, winter's almost done.

Already clocked 5 days on the sled so far and will be out again later in the week. Snowing nicely as I write this as well.

Mods, can we close/lock away this thread please? Every time I see it, I get excited and check the forecast only to be disappointed. It is causing me emotional torment :mad:

29 days to spring. ;)

Mods, can we close/lock away this thread please? Every time I see it, I get excited and check the forecast only to be disappointed. It is causing me emotional torment :mad:

NO...you think mods don't get pms?

Sometimes a lack of testosterone in old guys, can bring on PMS like symptoms.

Sometimes a lack of testosterone in old guys, can bring on PMS like symptoms.

Ugggh.So there is a reason i pulled the rear wheel off the Duc and cleaned it in the laundry tub today with "scrubbing bubbles".I'm f'd

Four degrees in my garage. I'm glad I did everything I needed in the Fall. Time to sort through and prep. gear soon.

Well, finally a sign that I can almost start to see the light at the end of the tunnel..... my motorcycle insurance was due today! It always comes due at the end of February which usually means about 6 weeks more weeks until riding season starts.

While my insurance went up, I can't complain too much. It went up about $50 which from what I am hearing from others isn't too bad.

Ive had it with winter, it can ****** right off. The dark, the salt, the bloody mess on my pant legs. Why do we live where the air hurts our face?

the worst part about having the snow finally clear away is waiting for the city to fix all the massive pot holes that will have formed over the winter.

the worst part about having the snow finally clear away is waiting for the city to fix all the massive pot holes that will have formed over the winter.

There's some good ones on the westward downslope of the Skyway already

Ive had it with winter, it can ****** right off. The dark, the salt, the bloody mess on my pant legs. Why do we live where the air hurts our face?

Because 6 months from now we'll forget that the air hurts our face, and ask why it's so damn hot out.

The cycle continues... Kinda like how we get the Spring "Help! Insurance!", or "What oil should I use", followed by "There are so many stupid SS riders riding like maniacs killing themselves" at the tail end of Summer, and "Wtf? It's 15 degrees out, why are you still riding?" in Fall.

But.... **** Winter.

Ugggh.So there is a reason i pulled the rear wheel off the Duc and cleaned it in the laundry tub today with "scrubbing bubbles".I'm f'd

But it looks a lot better now with a couple coats of wax.Did the caliper pistons too.Ugghh,winter.
P2200121_zpssd6qrx08.jpg

^ what is that you got wrapped around the tire?

keep chain lube off while doing maintenance ?

^ what is that you got wrapped around the tire?

keep chain lube off while doing maintenance ?

It's a Respro tire warmer cover.Yes mostly to keep goo off while doing maint.The Avon's on it right now wouldn't be hurt by extreme cold i don't think,but i have had dot track tires freeze and crack in really cold weather.But they look cool too.
P2200122_zpsih49mq0n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom