Hang in there, winter's almost done. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hang in there, winter's almost done.

the worst part about having the snow finally clear away is waiting for the city to fix all the massive pot holes that will have formed over the winter.
Don't wait, just jump over them,
don't they teach you to bunny hop pot holes in basic motorcycle training classes?

the worst part about having the snow finally clear away is waiting for the city to fix all the massive pot holes that will have formed over the winter.

The other part I hate about the spring melting all of the snow away (aside from the annual flood in my garage) is all of the cigarette butts emerging from their winter hibernation in the snow banks! I don't know why smokers think that butts magically disappear when they flick them away.

When I get one of these...
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjimdobson%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F02%2F3D7123EC00000578-4241662-image-a-22_1487586045693.jpg

Starting to stir now. Mates are starting to get the bikes out from the covers. I'm helping with the maintenance and the wake from hibernation...

Got a 43 yo guy at work just finalized divorce so he's got me helping to look for his first bike. i'm thinking CBR125R or 250R, he's thinking V-Strom or CB500x. Fun to search.

Still an inch of ice on my street here. Four+ feet of snow on the windrows.

I dont even care about how soon I can get my bike out as much as I want the damn snow to melt on Yonge st so the a-hole beside me who thinks theres still a lane there isnt rubbing me out every day on my commute home. It didnt snow for two bloody months, nothing in the Toronto budget to get rid of the snow on the major arteries still?

I dont even care about how soon I can get my bike out as much as I want the damn snow to melt on Yonge st so the a-hole beside me who thinks theres still a lane there isnt rubbing me out every day on my commute home. It didnt snow for two bloody months, nothing in the Toronto budget to get rid of the snow on the major arteries still?

Yeah I am surprised about this as well. My street was never cleaned after the last dump, well not properly. I have noticed lots of other streets in the same condition. Usually they do come around and start clearing away the high snow banks but nothing like that this year. Strange.

Sent from the moon!

Is Toronto over-budget for snow removal this year? That might have a factor. I'd be on the horn to my Councillor either way.

Yeah I am surprised about this as well. My street was never cleaned after the last dump, well not properly. I have noticed lots of other streets in the same condition. Usually they do come around and start clearing away the high snow banks but nothing like that this year. Strange.

Sent from the moon!

The side streets I can understand, I still see beached cars in my neighborhood, ice locked in the street, the parking situation is a disaster. What I dont get is theres no over night parking on yonge, plenty of time and space to get rid of the snow IMO. I see garbage collection workers struggling because of it as well.

Is Toronto over-budget for snow removal this year? That might have a factor. I'd be on the horn to my Councillor either way.

Not sure, or why, because I am sure they had a surplus from the last 2 winters. Plus you would think they learned their lesson when they stopped the snow removal contract just before that freezing rain ice storm at the beginning of April last year. Oh who I'm I kidding no they didn't.

Back
Top Bottom