Commuting on a SS | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Commuting on a SS

My previous bike, an FZ8S, was a rock when it came to engine cooling etc. Never had any issues with it.

My V4 Tuono OTOH, hates August heat and stop and go traffic; temp just keeps rising... Might be engine packaging or fan efficiency etc, but I4s seem to do pretty well in those conditions while V4s, L-twins etc get f**king hot.

Yeah, Tuono has always run hot. I went on a ride once that had a KTM 390 and a Tuono competing for who would shutdown first in stop and go. KTM won.

My Duc 999S used to get so hot in traffic I literally burned the inside of my legs in stop and go on several occasions. It's bike by bike - some cannot do it (e.g., like others said, Tuonos)

My Duc 999S used to get so hot in traffic I literally burned the inside of my legs in stop and go on several occasions. It's bike by bike - some cannot do it (e.g., like others said, Tuonos)

Lol, had that happen on the s1krr demo ride. Damn frame was annihilating my left knee had to keep moving it, then i'd forget and re-position on the frame again "ow, ow, ow ow!."

Back
Top Bottom