Your favorite motorcycle video? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your favorite motorcycle video?

Sebi

Don't call me Shirley
Site Supporter
Whats your favorite bike video? Post the link below!
To get things started, I could watch this all day...
[video=youtube;xrLLg_GiIiE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLLg_GiIiE[/video]

has to be this one
these boys need a wheelbarrow to carry their nutz

[video=youtube;iRWp9rhfS_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0[/video]

Ya some of the old video that was collected for that was pretty dated.
Here is another one but you may not want this guy out at your track day Sebi Lol;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ywLNERqvk&list=PLFx7VBTQ9foOuXIWHiCrS_bnV4fyLKfXO&index=2&t=0s

yes RVN

old can be good
like when the leader pack spends half the race on the rear tire
chain saws with tires, and they kinda had brakes

[video=youtube;BIOvB-pb2L0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIOvB-pb2L0[/video]

yes RVN

old can be good
like when the leader pack spends half the race on the rear tire
chain saws with tires, and they kinda had brakes

[video=youtube;BIOvB-pb2L0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIOvB-pb2L0[/video]

Oh it is good. No electronics. All rider skill. And the track condition is just mind boggling with haybales everywhere. I remember watching CSBK a few years ago before Canadian tire took over and watching them go through turn 2 with just grass as a run off. If you left the track it was scary. Glad when I finally got to go out at CTMP they had that runoff paved and all the concrete patches gone.

seems to be in fashion to minimize VR46
but I think it's appropriate to illustrate
that VR is a link to the 500 2t days
and still capable of winning in modern motoGP

Oh it is good. No electronics. All rider skill. And the track condition is just mind boggling with haybales everywhere. I remember watching CSBK a few years ago before Canadian tire took over and watching them go through turn 2 with just grass as a run off. If you left the track it was scary. Glad when I finally got to go out at CTMP they had that runoff paved and all the concrete patches gone.

The "All rider skill, no electronics" phrase really irks me as it seems to discredit modern riders. I don't think you can compare the power to weight ratio of those machines vs modern ones. The amount of skill required to not only ride an incredibly powerful GP bike with electronics but also to help shape development and settings for it shouldn't be undersold. I would argue it takes more skill to master a modern day GP bike vs the old ones. The skill ceiling also seems much higher.

I realize you probably aren't discounting modern day pro riders; but that phrase has always bothered me

/rant

The paved runoff is only really a good thing if you casually run wide onto it. If you actually have a crash, or a mechanical it does nothing to slow you down and you are going to get to the wall in a hurry.

The "All rider skill, no electronics" phrase really irks me as it seems to discredit modern riders. I don't think you can compare the power to weight ratio of those machines vs modern ones. The amount of skill required to not only ride an incredibly powerful GP bike with electronics but also to help shape development and settings for it shouldn't be undersold. I would argue it takes more skill to master a modern day GP bike vs the old ones. The skill ceiling also seems much higher.

I realize you probably aren't discounting modern day pro riders; but that phrase has always bothered me

/rant
It's a different style of riding. There is no doubt that the bikes of today are physically easier to ride and push with electronics. Go ride a superbike from even 10 years ago compared to a new one with an electronics package and the old ones are monsters by comparison even though they have less power. However, that allows the rider to push them that much harder and eek out the final few % out of them which is just as hard if not harder. Some riders can do it and some cant.

The positive to it is that if you watch old racing, you see the incredible amount of crashes and rider injuries. Many races and championships were decided by top riders being absent due to injuries. Lots of riders had career ending injuries riding those bikes. Whereas you watch MotoGP now, and you hardly ever see a highside anymore. Marquez tucks the front every weekend and walks away.

/rant

You can't discredit any rider from back then or today. They all have amazing abilities. The machines they ride even back then had the largest power to weight ratio of any racing vehicle out there and they only had 2 wheels. A human can't think or react as fast as a computer so as N3WMAN says the electronics have made it safer for the riders and now the HP has gone even higher. But now we don't see the bad crashes of days gone by. And yes VR46 came from that era.

Quote; N3WMAN
The paved runoff is only really a good thing if you casually run wide onto it. If you actually have a crash, or a mechanical it does nothing to slow you down and you are going to get to the wall in a hurry.

Agreed. Great on a track day if you blow the corner you can ride off and rejoin. A race crash would be different. When it was grass the bikes would catch the grass and start flipping through the air. Maybe a gravel trap would be better.

Quote; Sebi
Oh no, he is more than welcome to come out.
Just when he's on track, we'll all be off to spectate :iconbiggrin:

Lol. Ya especially if he and his buddy do what they did at 1:30 inside and outside another rider in a corner. You would have one p/oed rider coming in. haha.

Rossi was a bit late to the game, he missed the hay days of the late '80s, the Schwantz, Mamola, Spencer, Rainey, Lawson, Haslam, Gardner era.
They made a movie about the '88 -'89 seasons, The Unrideables https://vimeo.com/111291023
There is a follow up, The Unrideables 2, The Rainey Years, but I can't find a link for a stream.

The bikes were 200 MPH, 160 HP, 220 lbs, early aluminum frames (so they were sorta hit or miss), 130 rear tires and a power band about one thousand RPM across. Fall off the pipe and the thing would high side you to the moon. GREAT FUN.

Rossi was a bit late to the game, he missed the hay days of the late '80s, the Schwantz, Mamola, Spencer, Rainey, Lawson, Haslam, Gardner era.
They made a movie about the '88 -'89 seasons, The Unrideables https://vimeo.com/111291023
There is a follow up, The Unrideables 2, The Rainey Years, but I can't find a link for a stream.

The bikes were 200 MPH, 160 HP, 220 lbs, early aluminum frames (so they were sorta hit or miss), 130 rear tires and a power band about one thousand RPM across. Fall off the pipe and the thing would high side you to the moon. GREAT FUN.

That was great.KING KEVIN!

Newman, how accurate is this video in terms of feeling you get before a race? I love this guy's channel and inside look into racing
[video=youtube;Jj4QebkdRcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4QebkdRcc[/video]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom