Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance

parkside

Looking for a quote for a 2017 yamaha fjr1300 E ABS. Aviva increased my rate by $100 this year. If there is a broker on this site that thinks he/she can do better than $920 year please let me know.
Thank you

Looking for a quote for a 2017 yamaha fjr1300 E ABS. Aviva increased my rate by $100 this year. If there is a broker on this site that thinks he/she can do better than $920 year please let me know.
Thank you
You'd have better luck calling them. I'd start with TD, Allstate (Jeff Lynn or Matthew Camacho), Desjardins, Statefarm, Mitchel Whale, Chris/Paul South at Surnet insurance ... Just to name a few.

You will have to call some reputable brokers or agents. As a percentage it is a large increase for sure. The reality is the insurance marketplace is undergoing many changes and premiums are starting to rise.

You will have to call some reputable brokers or agents. As a percentage it is a large increase for sure. The reality is the insurance marketplace is undergoing many changes and premiums are starting to rise.

Yup...Insurance companies are out to make money, not only for themselves but for the government as well......

nothing but a bunch of legalized extortionists.....

I have had insurance for the better part of almost 30 plus years, I think I have made 2 claims, totaling maybe 6 thousand dollars, I don't even want to add up the monies I have paid to the insurance companies.....

yet my rates and everyone else's seem to just keep on going up.....

For most of us, if we put the $$ we pay to insurance into a bank account and then pull it out for an insurance type payout, we would be further ahead in the end. EXCEPT for those that hit the big payout necessity. Though having property damage, etc. covered over the years, it might be a wash.

For most of us, if we put the $$ we pay to insurance into a bank account and then pull it out for an insurance type payout, we would be further ahead in the end.

That's a really big stretch... I assume you're assuming you're only talking about covering very minor damage... 'Like a tip-over in the driveway of your own bike.
There's no way your plan would work in a case where you were liable in damaging someone's property or worse, injuring someone.
I don't think any of us can safely rely on any of us willingly writing a cheque for damages.

EXCEPT for those that hit the big payout necessity.

I'd argue every payout is a big payout...

Though having property damage, etc. covered over the years, it might be a wash.

Maybe, but who's willing to chance it..?
Maybe 'cuz I'm old, but I'd rather have and not need adequate insurance than need and not have it.
The other choice, and it's always a choice is... If insurance is too expensive... Don't have a bike.
We're not entitled to anything.
There's lots of stuff I don't own /do cuz I'm not willing to pay the cost...

That's my point, for most it's only minor things they will ever claim and what they pay for insurance would have covered it. BUTwe never know when/if something big is gonna happen and that's why insurance is there. Pool of many to cover the few(ish).

That's my point, for most it's only minor things they will ever claim.

I will disagree again... Lol

I think most people don't claim the minor things given that they don't want to risk a rate increase, but I guess it depends on your idea of what "minor" is and where your deductible fits into the equation.

I'll tell you though... When a guy hit my truck and did $15k in damage... I was glad I had good ins.

Minor "claims" being mid range $$$$ amounts. lol

I figure over the decades, I'm around the break even range....give or take. Would never consider not having coverage though.

Yup...Insurance companies are out to make money, not only for themselves but for the government as well......

nothing but a bunch of legalized extortionists.....

I have had insurance for the better part of almost 30 plus years, I think I have made 2 claims, totaling maybe 6 thousand dollars, I don't even want to add up the monies I have paid to the insurance companies.....

yet my rates and everyone else's seem to just keep on going up.....

The automobile product in Ontario does not carry any sales tax. The values of everything you insure is miles higher today than it was 30 years ago. The cost to replace/repair those items (property, automobiles etc) is also much higher today than three decades ago. There are several people in Caledon, ON where a home blew up just recently who might have a different perspective on the value of having good coverage.

The automobile product in Ontario does not carry any sales tax. The values of everything you insure is miles higher today than it was 30 years ago. The cost to replace/repair those items (property, automobiles etc) is also much higher today than three decades ago. There are several people in Caledon, ON where a home blew up just recently who might have a different perspective on the value of having good coverage.

Sure I can almost agree with what you say......Almost......just because it don't carry tax, don't mean the Government is not getting it's share.......

But when Insurance companies JACK up my rates because I moved 8 km closer to Brampton, there is something fundamentally wrong.......Yes I asked why my rates went up, that was the answer they gave me......I wasn't even further away from work, just 8Km North instead of 8Km South.....so the travel to work and home was no different.

Insurance in Ontario is a SCAM.....yet no one is doing anything about it, heck it's even on the TV, we pay the highest rates in Canada.......

You tell me why I have to pay so high....... 30 year old bike full coverage 800 for the year, 14 year old bike full coverage 1200 per year.........really.......

house insurance same crap, it's gone up almost every year since I have moved in......again why......I have not made any claims, I have actually made it safer, new HVAC, smoke detectors, alarm system, windows, doors, and so on.....yet it continues to go up.....

It's nothing but a scam.......

ohhhh and if and when the Insurance companies decide to pay out,,,,,,you grow old and grey before you get a dime......someone close to home has and is still waiting,,,,,,,it's been over 4 years now.......to get even a dime......

Sure I can almost agree with what you say......Almost......just because it don't carry tax, don't mean the Government is not getting it's share.......

But when Insurance companies JACK up my rates because I moved 8 km closer to Brampton, there is something fundamentally wrong.......Yes I asked why my rates went up, that was the answer they gave me......I wasn't even further away from work, just 8Km North instead of 8Km South.....so the travel to work and home was no different.

Insurance in Ontario is a SCAM.....yet no one is doing anything about it, heck it's even on the TV, we pay the highest rates in Canada.......

You tell me why I have to pay so high....... 30 year old bike full coverage 800 for the year, 14 year old bike full coverage 1200 per year.........really.......

house insurance same crap, it's gone up almost every year since I have moved in......again why......I have not made any claims, I have actually made it safer, new HVAC, smoke detectors, alarm system, windows, doors, and so on.....yet it continues to go up.....

It's nothing but a scam.......

ohhhh and if and when the Insurance companies decide to pay out,,,,,,you grow old and grey before you get a dime......someone close to home has and is still waiting,,,,,,,it's been over 4 years now.......to get even a dime......

Sad, yet true.

Although my gf lives in Vancouver, I go back and forth, and was shocked to find out how high their insurance was, esp knowing Ontario was bad, and they are a monopoly, just 1 ins company. I spoke with taxi drivers, friends and all there, on average, paying 20-40% more than Ontario

Back
Top Bottom