20 years ago. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

20 years ago.

20 years ago, was married, (Now a Widower), had just started my own business, (still running), think I was living on Kingston Rd, in Scarberia. Only bike was the wife's 85 500cc something...lol Ran like crap, she never rode it, but was convinced it would be worth tons after it turned 25 years...lol She didn't even own it by that time. This month marks 15 years since she died, (Stroke at 36).

That's tragic. Sorry to hear that Hedo.

20 years ago today I closed on my first condo and was boarding a plane for a bd party in Cuba.

Tomorrow I get to celebrate my 16th birthday, for the 30th time!
HaPpY BiRtHdaY!

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Thx guys. Rideau Canal is open and conditions are prime. Come play!

My first son was two months old and mortgage payments were quite reasonable because I had a good mortgage rate of 7.2%.

I was on a self imposed motorcycle hiatus which lasted until 2005.

20 years ago I was 17, about to finish high school, working full time after-school at Marvin Starr Pontiac about to start my second season on my Virago 1100 that I had bought the season before. The first season I had that Virago I took it on a 28 day road trip with my Dad on his Electra Glide through NB, NS, PEI and NL. It was a great trip and I'll never forget it! I was probably spending 80% of my income on riding between paying off the bike, insurance, fuel and plates of fries while on the road! It was an awesome time in my life.

I've been fortunate that I have only had to park the bike for 1 season in my 21 years of riding. It was in my final year of college and I had to decide between tuition or bike insurance. I chose tuition. It hurt like hell at the time but it was the right thing to do. Luckily my Dad has the same name as me and we both lived at the same address at the time so he would lend me his bike to help me scratch my itch!

20 years ago I was 17, about to finish high school, working full time after-school at Marvin Starr Pontiac about to start my second season on my Virago 1100 that I had bought the season before. The first season I had that Virago I took it on a 28 day road trip with my Dad on his Electra Glide through NB, NS, PEI and NL. It was a great trip and I'll never forget it! I was probably spending 80% of my income on riding between paying off the bike, insurance, fuel and plates of fries while on the road! It was an awesome time in my life.

I've been fortunate that I have only had to park the bike for 1 season in my 21 years of riding. It was in my final year of college and I had to decide between tuition or bike insurance. I chose tuition. It hurt like hell at the time but it was the right thing to do. Luckily my Dad has the same name as me and we both lived at the same address at the time so he would lend me his bike to help me scratch my itch!

Imagine that, responsibility from a ~20 year old. Now, many people would probably pay tuition and ride dirty because the man can't tell them what to do.

Imagine that, responsibility from a ~20 year old. Now, many people would probably pay tuition and ride dirty because the man can't tell them what to do.

According to the circumstances he was riding without insurance anyway

20 years back I was attending the Perry Sound Sport bike rally for the second time and dumped my 76 CB750F in the rain when the tire slipped off the recycled plastic "wood" strips on a bridge in Port Severn. I remember one of the young kids that came to gawk "a lot of motorcycles wipe out on that bridge"
The next morning with a couple of new stitches in my knee we fixed my bike and headed up to the rally.

The 20th birthday of GTAM got me thinking.......where was i twenty years ago?
I was having a lot of fun with a BMW R80RT and a girlfriend named Stubby.Where were you twenty years ago?
Edit:Actually,this pic is 28 years ago i think.
Picture%20058_zpsmpvoahu4.jpg

Rick I haven’t been on here in a very very long time and I was just thinking about all the nice people I met through here. Good times. It was nice to see your still in here. It would be great if some of the old crew could meet up this spring/summer. I miss the Topendz days met so many diverse personalities.

Last edited:
Oh and twenty years ago I was riding my 1999 yellow Sv650s all over the place. Soon to be replaced with a 2000 929 fireblade. McBrides was one of the few decent bike stores back then, remember? I remember there was a Ducati dealership at warden and Elesmere with a beautiful 900ss that I dreamed of owning. Two years later I was riding my beautiful 998.

Last edited:
Oh and twenty years ago I was riding my 1999 yellow Sv650s all over the place. Soon to be replaced with a 2000 929 fireblade. McBrides was one of the few decent bike stores back then, remember? I remember there was a Ducati dealership at warden and Elesmere with a beautiful 900ss that I dreamed of owning. Two years later I was riding my beautiful 998.

Great to hear from you Simon.Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom