20 years ago. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

20 years ago.

sunday church at an after hours club called comfort zone and likely high as F
I used to frequent Buzz before it was Comfort Zone. And Industry. Also was throwing a lot of parties and DJ'ing a fair bit.
Lot's of other things not suitable for posting online.

Small world. I used to hang there after the bars closed. Closer to 25 years ago. I also frequented the Silver Dollar. Brings back a lot of memories. Some I’d like to forget :)

I used to frequent Buzz before it was Comfort Zone. And Industry. Also was throwing a lot of parties and DJ'ing a fair bit.

20 years ago, I learned how to ride a bicycle.

Let's see. We were in Toronto. First kid was born. Wife was back at work. Y2K fixes were being researched and ramping up for our company. I can't remember if I was near the end at one brokerage company or the beginning at another. No motorcycle, and I was driving a Subaru Legacy at the time. My only riding experience was on a DMP Trail Master minibike. Bars were around 20 years before that: Yonge Station, and the Gasworks mostly.

Wohoo! I'm heading back 37 years tonight! Just picked up an unmolested 1982 Suzuki SP125 with 2500km on the clock. A high school buddy had one of these, we used to toss it in the trunk of my Chrysler Newport when we went camping and ice fishing. At 90MPG I can ride this to work and back this summer for less than $3/week.

20 yrs ago I was in Suburbia Hell, two kids, mortgage, very limited riding and no budget. Then I met a guy in a bar that offered me a career shift. A legal one.
20 yrs later, no mortgage, moved out of Hell, been through a dozen bikes, kids grew up and finished school (with no student debt, this was my dream) and we have traveled the planet.

Sometimes it just takes a bit of time.

Y2K fixes were being researched and ramping up for our company.

LOL - the place I worked were so paranoid they had us (IT folk) wrap all their computers (over 600) in waterproof bagging JUST IN CASE the sprinkler system failed and wasn't y2k compatible (even though our building assured us it was). At 12:05 when nothing was soaking wet were were allowed to leave and go party :p

LOL - the place I worked were so paranoid they had us (IT folk) wrap all their computers (over 600) in waterproof bagging JUST IN CASE the sprinkler system failed and wasn't y2k compatible (even though our building assured us it was). At 12:05 when nothing was soaking wet were were allowed to leave and go party :p

Wtf? They were worried that a computer bug would break thousands of tiny glass vials? They had bigger problems than Y2K.

20 yrs ago I was in Suburbia Hell, two kids, mortgage, very limited riding and no budget. Then I met a guy in a bar that offered me a career shift. A legal one.
20 yrs later, no mortgage, moved out of Hell, been through a dozen bikes, kids grew up and finished school (with no student debt, this was my dream) and we have traveled the planet.

Sometimes it just takes a bit of time.

And a little bit of luck from the sounds of it!

As for me...1999...wow...just was gearing up to finish OAC in high school and scared ******** of starting University for my first year in Engineering. How I'd love to go back to that simple time!

Industry was the whole reason I got into the scene. I still talk about that place to this day. We likely crossed paths a lot. I too spun in the scene, much later on tho.

20 years ago I was a tall, gangly, awkward 15 year old about to turn 16. Riding my XT350 at the cottage and dreaming about getting my license and riding a street bike. 3 years later at 18 I'd get my first street bike, a brand new '02 CBR600F4i. I was in heaven. 12,000kms first year and then it got written off when a truck came head on into my lane. Next year R6, Year after GSXR1000. Still have the GSXR to this day, 100,000km later.

Edit-whoops, meant to quote @robstar

ha ha the gas works was an occasional spot for me too. after not meeting any girls (most often lol) we would go up on a young street rooftop and watch the going ons after the bar closed...
I remember going to a bar in oakville - name eludes me, but it was located at a strip mall in the NW corner of speers rd and kerr st. Now this was probably 35+ years ago - but I remember seeing a pair of racing RD400's on a trailer outside the bar - on a thurs or friday evening, loaded up and ready to race in the morning. Wondering if it was anyone from this forum. I drooled over those bikes.

Last edited:
Stress-free living life on two wheels, no wife or kids. 20yrs later still no kids or divorces, just a bigger garage and still stress-free. No complaints.

20 years ago I was a tall, gangly, awkward 15 year old about to turn 16. Riding my XT350 at the cottage and dreaming about getting my license and riding a street bike. 3 years later at 18 I'd get my first street bike, a brand new '02 CBR600F4i. I was in heaven. 12,000kms first year and then it got written off when a truck came head on into my lane. Next year R6, Year after GSXR1000. Still have the GSXR to this day, 100,000km later.

Hence the name change from KrimesF4I!

20 years ago today I closed on my first condo and was boarding a plane for a bd party in Cuba.

Tomorrow I get to celebrate my 16th birthday, for the 30th time!

20 years ago I was looking for a cheap project car and had not yet dreamed of owning a bike

20 years ago, was married, (Now a Widower), had just started my own business, (still running), think I was living on Kingston Rd, in Scarberia. Only bike was the wife's 85 500cc something...lol Ran like crap, she never rode it, but was convinced it would be worth tons after it turned 25 years...lol She didn't even own it by that time. This month marks 15 years since she died, (Stroke at 36).

Back
Top Bottom