20 years ago. | GTAMotorcycle.com

20 years ago.

Wingboy

Site Supporter
The 20th birthday of GTAM got me thinking.......where was i twenty years ago?
I was having a lot of fun with a BMW R80RT and a girlfriend named Stubby.Where were you twenty years ago?
Edit:Actually,this pic is 28 years ago i think.
Picture%20058_zpsmpvoahu4.jpg

No pix, but 20 years ago I was on a riding hiatus. I'd occasionally sneak a canyon carve through the Santa Monica mountains on my business partner's ZX7. My office was on a famous So Cal route, Decker Canyon Rd, the ride from the office to the beach was 13 miles, on a good day I could get there spend 15 minutes at the beach and be back to my office in 1 hr. 12 months a year.

20 years ago I was still single.
Wish I had a time machine.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

20 years ago? Living in a Cobourg subdivision with wife and 2 young kids.
Had stopped riding a few years earlier, got riding again when the kids were around 10 and 12.
A good time in my life, but no pics.

Zero recollection of what I was doing in 1999... I was a whole 3 years old at the time. :lmao:

Twenty years ago Y2K was getting ready to destroy the world. I was into powerboat cruising on the Trent and several years away from getting back into boating.

20 years ago I was doing the Dad thing and rocking the minivan.

However 30 yrs ago I was a young teen who spent all of his money on a brand new 5.0 Mustang. Was totally worth it.

66280b55150bda9186c129957df2a172.jpg

Twenty years ago Y2K was getting ready to destroy the world. I was into powerboat cruising on the Trent and several years away from getting back into boating.

20 years ago I was hanging from a pole hooking up a 44,000V line that went down a decline (tunnel) at the N. Bay underground air base facility - was an alternate feed to the base for Y2K disasters. lol

I was riding a lead (Pb) wing back then, and my youngest son was yet to be born.

Last edited:
I was just finishing University and did not know what life is going to face me with. Then a few years later a 1992 Yamaha TDM stumbled my way. Two TDM's two BMW later the affair is still going on ; )

20 years ago I had a 2 year old son (he turned 22 over the weekend so that's how I know!), a house that we were renovating ourselves, I was restoring a '72 Suzuki GT250 in the garage and riding a Suzuki GS1150EFE. Same job as now. Retire next year.

15 years old dreaming about getting laid and motorcycles

20 years ago, I'd just gotten married (still together) and was riding my ZR750. Simpler times.

%21C%21WEq%2BwEWk~%24%28KGrHqMOKoYEz%21t%29i0ekBNCl%212edp%21~~_12.jpg

Married for 18 years at that point, four kids. Just working and paying bills. Wondering what Y2K was going to do to the monorail I had installed in Jacksonville (nothing). No bikes, no boats.

Back
Top Bottom