Furnace blower motor repair ASAP | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Furnace blower motor repair ASAP

You could scoot over to a TSC or Princess Auto a lot faster than you could fool about fitting bearings. From the look of your worn windings I'd just stick a new motor on there. $100-200 and your done.

Yeah, looking to replace the motor. Trick is everyone wants to do a service call, not just sell me the parts.

With the 120 degree offset it's be fine overnight.

PA doesn't carry they type I neeed.
Looks like Carson Electric might be a possibility....hopefully mine holds out till Monday.
110 Milner Avenue
Unit #4

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me 2 yrs ago.

When I pulled the motor out, it was actually burnt. I tried to source exact replacement but couldn't find one.

Fortunately my dad is really handy and we were able to find a close enough spec motor from princess auto.

It's been running fine and I hope it stays that way.

Thought I'd update. The original motor has been going good for over 2 weeks. Finally got around to putting in the replacement though. Direct bolt in and had to just connect the wires as the replacement didn't have the spade bit connections of the original. Carson Electric got the replacement right. New motor $150.

Now what can I build with the old motor???? Use it with a belt to drive a grinder wheel?

Last edited:
Haha. Oil every 6 months. When was the last time this one got oiled? 20 years ago?

Can you just replace the rear bearing that seems like it might have failed?

TIL that some furnace blower motors require oiling

The motor is labeled as needing oiling....but it's inside the furnace housing and on the housing it states that the motor does NOT need oiling (doesn't matter to the furnace manufacturer what the component maker states). lol Guess if the motor dies the HVAC guys get to(try to) make a service call. They don't like anyone to get inside a furnace...and for the vast majority of people, they shouldn't.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom