Speeding ticket fighting technique needed - Help Please | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding ticket fighting technique needed - Help Please

Sorry, wrong choice of words. What I mean, is that if disclosure is pretty strong, then I do not see any point going to court. I will pay the fine and move on. No need for trial. By opting for trial, I am buying some time.

Alright but, like i said; even if it looks weak to you there's no guarantee the JP will agree and you could end up with the full fine anyways. i'm not saying you`re wrong, i'm just advising you to temper your expectation because it's him/her you have to convince. Remember these people have minimal legal training, they rely on the crown/court system for guidance.

Missing/incorrect info on the ticket can be amended during the trial
missing notes from disclosure - if you`re lucky you'll get the case dropped. what will likely happen is the prosecution will adjourn and reschedule, but this opens them up for an 11b filing.

If you want to go then go because you want to learn/get some experience. I wouldn't ever show up with a thought about a win unless i knew something they didn't and could prove it.

Last edited:
I have received the notice of trial today. It is scheduled for May 21. Chatham is fast when it comes to scheduling. They spelled my name wrong on the Notice of Trial letter. Not a biggy I think, although, I wish that would help me to fight the ticket. Also, they are providing three ways to contact the prosecutor to try and resolve the case before going to court. Phone, e-mail or completing and mailing the form they have attached. My buddy is saying to ask prosecutor to change my offense to a non moving violation and see if that works. If that does not, just pay for original offense and dont show up because they might increase the charge to original speed.

Thoughts?

I have received the notice of trial today. It is scheduled for May 21. Chatham is fast when it comes to scheduling. They spelled my name wrong on the Notice of Trial letter. Not a biggy I think, although, I wish that would help me to fight the ticket. Also, they are providing three ways to contact the prosecutor to try and resolve the case before going to court. Phone, e-mail or completing and mailing the form they have attached. My buddy is saying to ask prosecutor to change my offense to a non moving violation and see if that works. If that does not, just pay for original offense and dont show up because they might increase the charge to original speed.

Thoughts?

If you go to court they will remove the reduced speed/fine and you will be charged with the original amount.

Speeding ticket changed to non moving violation? Can't say i've ever heard of it being done, but you have nothing to lose by asking at this point.

Thoughts?

Do you have a decent non-moving violation to suggest to them? If I had a choice, I may even pick one with a larger fine than the original ticket. Increased revenue and less work for them. I have my doubts this will work, but it can't hurt to try.

Thoughts?

I am pretty sure you won't get this decreased/changed to a non-moving violation, but hey give it a shot if all else fails.

When it comes to getting it reduced, a minor offence is a minor offence and the impact will be insurance. One minor may result in a 5% increase for three years, so if you pay $2K a year for bike and car that ticket costs you $300 extra in insurance... Some people have one ticket forgiveness, or in other words they were paying extra for a future ticket they did not yet have...

Regardless, good luck, get the disclosure, maybe they still trip up somewhere.

Spoke to a paralegal and he said its better to pay the ticket and pray to Insurance Gods, they dont check. Or hire a paralegal based in Chatham area.

Back
Top Bottom