Motorcycle Social Experiment | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Social Experiment

DR650DAN

Hey Riders,

I'm working on a project and need feedback from as many riders as possible.
This feedback is going to directly affect how this project is created, manipulated and executed.
Please answer this short list of questions and reply/comment with your responses.
Any and all participation is very much appreciated.
This project will be directly affecting the Riding community all across the city, and hopefully the world!

How often do you ride your bike?

Do you usually ride solo or in a group?

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride?

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive?

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night?

Would you ride more if you could get a group together more easily?

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it?

Do you feel safer riding solo or in a group?

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group?

Do you feel it is more beneficial to ride solo or in a group?

Sent from my SM-G965W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Hey Riders,

This feedback is going to directly affect how this project is created, manipulated and executed.
Please answer this short list of questions and reply/comment with your responses.
Any and all participation is very much appreciated.
This project will be directly affecting the Riding community all across the city, and hopefully the world!

How often do you ride your bike? A few times a week normally

Do you usually ride solo or in a group? Solo

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? Whatever I own at the time. I prefer adventure bikes, but happy with anything.

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? Never passive. Very rarely aggressive on public roads (we'll go with spirited)

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night? Don't know, don't care

Would you ride more if you could get a group together more easily? Definitely not

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it? No

Do you feel safer riding solo or in a group? Solo. Most of the bike crashes I have personally seen were people in groups screwing up and either ditching it or hitting the riders in front of them.

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group? No, normally exactly the opposite. For certain situations way off the beaten path, with a hand pick group of other riders, maybe, but there are very few that I feel make my life safer.

Do you feel it is more beneficial to ride solo or in a group? Solo. You learn how to deal with ish yourself and not get yourself into trouble too deep to escape from.

Sent from my SM-G965W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Answers in quote above. You should number them next time to make replies easier.

Last edited:
How often do you ride your bike? 2-3 rides per week

Do you usually ride solo or in a group? SOLO

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? Standard/supermoto

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? Passive, Neutral or Aggressive depending on the circumstances

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night? NOT APPLICABLE

Would you ride more if you could get a group together more easily? NO

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it? NO.

Do you feel safer riding solo or in a group? SOLO

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group? NO - NEVER

Do you feel it is more beneficial to ride solo or in a group? I see no benefit nor downside to either if that's your preference

How often do you ride your bike? 2-3 times/week with a few long trips per season

Do you usually ride solo or in a group? both

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? cruiser, but it changes

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? Neutral

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night? No

Would you ride more if you could get a group together more easily? No, if I wanna ride, I ride

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it? possibly

Do you feel safer riding solo or in a group? group, but can depend on the group

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group? yes

Do you feel it is more beneficial to ride solo or in a group? group, for safety and social reasons

How often do you ride your bike? As often as possible

Do you usually ride solo or in a group? Mostly solo but sometimes with a group

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? HD Superglide (most recent of over 20 bikes of ALL types)

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? Aggressive

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night? Not interested

Would you ride more if you could get a group together more easily? No

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it? No, but there are internet forums for this.

Do you feel safer riding solo or in a group? Solo

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group? Long distance touring - 2-3 others, max.

Do you feel it is more beneficial to ride solo or in a group? Solo

How often do you ride your bike? Daily - April 1st to Dec 1st most years. Earlier and later weather permitting.

Do you usually ride solo or in a group? Lots of both.

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? Adv, ST and a few antiques.

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? Passive in town, aggressive in the country

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? No. At night? Not interested.

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it? Not likely, my ride calendar seems to fill itself.

Do you feel safer riding solo or in a group? Neither, I ride based on the company and roads.

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group? Yes - very remote location with virtually no road traffic.

Do you feel it is more beneficial to ride solo or in a group? Neither.

How often do you ride your bike? 2-3 times a week

Do you usually ride solo or in a group? Solo. Very occasionally a small group.

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? Harley Road King. Usually have some type of performance bike as well though.

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? Generally aggressive

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night? Not really

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it? No, I only ride with people I'm already.

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group? No

I feel like your making an app to get riders together. I also ride a lot of MX and offroad, in that case my answers would significantly change. In that environment I generally do and would much prefer to ride with others.

3-4 times per week

Do you usually ride by yourself or with others?

by myself

Offroad, supermoto & ADV

How easy is it to get a group to ride with during the day? At night?

DAY ride - difficult
NIGHT ride - somewhat difficult

Would you ride more if you could get a group more easily?

Not really - did lots of group riding last season...
still enjoy solo ride...the ADV in me

Would you seek out a solution to get a group more easily if it was available?

Sure - Group app is a good start
Used one last season called
"GroupMe" to get in on group rides ( 3 - 20 or so riders )

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Commute to work on weekdays, pleasure on weekends

Solo

Street, SS

Aggressive

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night?
At night - Yes

Maybe

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it?
Maybe

Solo

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group?
No

Solo

Let me guess, an app?

Daily, fair-weather.

Solo.

Super-naked (2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory.)

Generally neutral with carefully calibrated moments of aggression :)

Not interested in GRs.

Not interested in GRs.

Not interested in GRs.

Solo.

No.

I prefer riding solo for a number of reasons. I prefer the freedom to go where I want, when I want. People in groups gravitate toward doing stupid ****, whether political protests, soccer games or groups of motorcycles. I also think groups tend to attract the attention of police more than solo riding. I've no interest in any of that.

How often do you ride your bike? -Daily(commuter+weekends) and not winter.

Do you usually ride solo or in a group? -Solo.

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? -Sport touring.

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? -Situational primarily, other times aggresive.

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night? -Group rides are only ever with close riding friends/family, only based on our schedules.

Would you ride more if you could get a group together more easily? -Doubtful.

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it? -Probably not.

Do you feel safer riding solo or in a group? -Small groups of 4 or less.

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group? -With 1 or 2 other people, yes.

Do you feel it is more beneficial to ride solo or in a group? -I find group riding (read as small groups as noted above, 4 people or less) to be beneficial only to receive feedback on your riding, otherwise a school would be far more beneficial.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

How often do you ride your bike? In good weather every Saturday and Sunday morning, plus a few trips each year

Do you usually ride solo or in a group? Trips always a small group, weekends 50/50

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? Sport-Touring

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? Slightly into the aggressive category

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night? Riding buddies change a bit year to year, always ride in day

Would you ride more if you could get a group together more easily? Don't like groups anymore than 4 riders, but yes just like going to the gym, when you don't feel like it your buddy bugs you to go

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it I myself organize to meet at a specific time and place every Sat and Sun morning, whoever shows, goes

Do you feel safer riding solo or in a group Feel safer in a group if small, large groups no, as people sometimes make bad decisions to keep up

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group Yes, would always like at least 1 buddy in case of breakdown, or bike down

Do you feel it is more beneficial to ride solo or in a group I always enjoy my ride and ride longer with a group, enjoy the social aspect. Riding solo I tend to ride too long without breaks

How often do you ride your bike? Once or twice a week.

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? Sport touring

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? Neutral

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night? Nearly impossible.

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it? Probably not.

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group? No

How often do you ride your bike? 4+days a week

What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? Super Sport

How would you describe your riding style: Passive, Neutral or Aggressive? Mostly Neutral....Aggressive when I'm north of the city and the roads are not busy

Do you find it difficult to get a group to ride together during the day? At night? No

If there were a solution to get a group ride together more easily would you use it? No

Do you feel safer riding solo or in a group? Solo. Group rides 6+ can become obnoxious and cluttered depending on who joins the group ride. People have the tendency to show off in group rides (with supersports at least)

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that it would have been safer if you were riding in a group? Never, minus the time I got stranded half hour north of Burlington with a dead cell phone in a thunderstorm and needed to waive someone down for assistance.

Do you feel it is more beneficial to ride solo or in a group? Solo, but it is nice to ride with 2-3 good friends and shoot the schit on bluetooth comm once in a while. It's also nice to receive feedback and if anything was to happen, someone would be there to help you out.

In normal riding seasons I'm basically riding every day as I commute to work on my bike.

99% of the time its solo.

Ducati

Neutral / Passive I suppose? Riding a bike on its own is aggressive enough.

Not really. There are lots of moto riding events if you don't know anyone in your own circle that rides. But I prefer riding alone anyway.

No.

It depends. If we're talking about mobile apps or sites, there just isnt a defacto app/site out there that i know of that a core group of riders use. I did use EatSleepRide app last summer but it wasn't really to find other riders.

Both have its pros and cons. Solo riding its harder to see you. Group riding is more visually apparent on the road but you're also dependent on the skill of other riders around you.

Not really.

Group riding can be really fun but in general, I prefer riding solo.

-Everyday when I can to work. Depending on the weather.

-Solo

-Vstrom by Suzuki

-Passive - Neutral

-Haven't tried to ride in a group

-No

-Maybe

-Nope

-Nope

-Nope

lol

Used to be daily, not so much this last year

solo

sport

Neutrally aggressive

nope, don't do groups much

no

no

solo

no

with 1 or 2 others maybe, but not a larger group

Back
Top Bottom