liberals sent me an email requesting money - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: liberals sent me an email requesting money

Re: liberals sent me an email requesting money

Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by boyoboy View Post
    ... I was so happy when I heard Justin trudeau PROMISE that ALL these northern communites w/o clean water will ALL HAVE CLEAN DRINKING WATER BEFORE THE END OF HIS TERM...
    Good quality ground water starts by having good waste water treatment and you don't need to go north to find communities that have a problem with both waste water and clean well water. Not sure how this issue can even be addressed short of sending every household a little table top filtration system, a years worth of filters, a big bottle of iodine tablets and a phase contrast microscope to monitor your own water quality and even that is wasted effort if the water you are collecting is being polluted by your waste water output.

I can tell you one thing people in rural Canada wouldn't want is Toronto tap water, that stuff is nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post

I can tell you one thing people in rural Canada wouldn't want is Toronto tap water, that stuff is nasty.
    What's wrong with Toronto Water? Not sure how it's "nasty"

old article but I think the spirit of the statement still holds true.
    https://nationalpost.com/posted-toro...ning-tap-water
    Premium dude......PREEEMMIIIUMMMMM!!!!

The farm I grew up on had a spring, downhill from the barn. Nobody tested the water for 150? yrs, then we got a new well drilled.

I built a house on the front of the farm, 8 yrs later a small enclave of "custom homes" went in on the escarpment almost 1km away and some body punching a well hit a sulfur pocket and my well went 'off' . 3K filter system fixed that but yeah, clean water is not a northern thing. Its something rural residents worry about constantly, new quarries interupting the water table is a real thing.

Trudeau and the northern water on aboriginal lands?? thats a really big uphill fight.

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    What's wrong with Toronto Water? Not sure how it's "nasty" ...
    Once you move to the country and drink fresh water for a while you can go back to Toronto and realize how much the tap water tastes and smells like a public swimming pool.
    ... actually I better not say more because you guys probably still have to drink that stuff and I don't want to gross you out.

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    ... sulfur pocket and my well went 'off' . 3K filter system fixed that ...
    Ya, that stuff stinks, seen where people had to deal with it, you start by adding chlorine and then filter out as much precipitate as you can. Leave for a week and come back to a house that smells like rotten eggs, best solution is to move. When you are home shopping in the country the #1 most important thing to look for is clean fresh water and I don't mean just having acceptable numbers on the local health unit water test. Take a water sample straight out of the well and have an extensive analysis done. Now you have a good start point for determining your water treatment requirements.
    Another little test you should do yourself is to freeze a sample of the water, then see what solids separate from the ice after it melts and settles for a while, those are the solids that you are going to need to filter on a continuous basis.

We went on a boil water advisory for about 60hrs here in town at Christmas, municipal contractors replacing water mains hit a sewer pipe in the same trench.
    That never happened in the country