EARPEACE Performance Plugs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

EARPEACE Performance Plugs

Dental floss. :D

that might be an option, but maybe I cut the cord from these and hot glue it to the new ones ??

41pJbJ4Br-L._SX342_.jpg

I finally had a chance to try these out on my sled using a Bell MX-9 helmet with Sena 20S. GPS said my top speed was 133km/h and I found wind noise was blocked out similar to my cheap foamy plugs (keep in mind I also have a cold weather breath-box in my winter lid which also blocks some incoming air. Music using the "High" inserts was slightly clearer at speed compared to foamies however still was loud enough (something I find with the 20S while wearing plugs).
Switched to the "Medium" plug inserts and music sounded better with no noticeable wind noise getting through.
Summary: worth the $20 and music/voice sounds better while still blocking out harmful wind noise.

I have a pair of no noise earplugs. They definitely work better but found they got very uncomfortable on trips and long usage. I went back to foam earplugs. No cleaning, just toss them when done with them and they are cheap especially if you buy a box of a 500 or so.

I bought one based on this thread, and haven't used it yet.

I am wondering where you guys store this? Any ideas for a cheap case so that they won't get lost?

I am wondering where you guys store this? Any ideas for a cheap case so that they won't get lost?

The no noise ones come with a little case that you can attack to your key ring. I am sure Amazon will have something similar you can store them in.

Well the Earpeace plugs com with a metal tube with two compartments to hold the plugs and inserts and attaches with a clip.

Well the Earpeace plugs com with a metal tube with two compartments to hold the plugs and inserts and attaches with a clip.
I ordered them without the metal case, they came in a small plastic case similar to what an SD card would come in. Works for me and I saved 10 bucks.

Thanks guys for your replies. I had ordered mine without the case. (I guess thats why it was cheaper at $15 instead of $25-$30).

I have ordered a pill box keychain from ebay. I think that should work.

Thanks guys for your replies. I had ordered mine without the case. (I guess thats why it was cheaper at $15 instead of $25-$30).

I have ordered a pill box keychain from ebay. I think that should work.

Update; Received the pill box keychain from ebay. It definitely does not look as good as the Original case that comes with this ear plugs- but for 1$, I am pretty happy with it!

Never used fancy earplugs, but my generic cheap ones are kept in a small ziplock bag, that I always keep in my riding jacket. Keeps them clean, and haven't lost a single pair ... so far.

My "storage" does double duty. I stuff 5 singles into one of the small bags two come in ....then tuck them in the spot where com speakers go. That space resonates like crazy when empty but with the ear plug stuffing quiets the helmet remarkably .......and I always have 10 spares available.

I tend to keep a few regular size and small Altoid tins and repurpose them as storage containers.

Good for earplugs, spare fuses, emergency coins/change, etc.

Store easily on the bike or on your person .

583392916fa3f5e61066ef13738dcf1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never used fancy earplugs, but my generic cheap ones are kept in a small ziplock bag, that I always keep in my riding jacket. Keeps them clean, and haven't lost a single pair ... so far.
My uncle would just poke a hole though the end of his foam plugs and feed some dental floss through them and they would hang around his neck when he takes them out LOL!
Always a neat DIIY fix for almost everything

My uncle would just poke a hole though the end of his foam plugs and feed some dental floss through them and they would hang around his neck when he takes them out LOL!
Always a neat DIIY fix for almost everything
I use them like that to plug the oil galley return hole in ducati cylider heads when changing shims.The retaining collets are the size of fingernail clippings and if you drop them you are in deep doo doo.The string on them reminds you to take them out.Leaving them in would be really bad too.

I ordered 2 sets of plugs from here and they work well. I haven't used them on the bike yet but I use them for sleeping regularly. I do find that they often go in so deep that I cannot remove them without using tweezers. That is why I like the ones with the string in general.

My review i wouldn't buy again, i used them today on my way into work but went back to the old faithful wurth foam earplugs on the commute home. The foam seem to be more comfortable for me and i didn't notice a difference in noise between the two.

Just ordered a pair of Amazon for $14.99.....I am quite pleased.
The reason I couldn't use foam plus is because my sena speakers fit flush on my ear and my ears flop down when I put my helmet on and they'd always come out of place.
These are nice because the tuck right into the ear canal and stay in place.
I didn't necessarily get them for noise reduction on the bike itself, but needed something to stop the wind noise so I could hear my Sena at highway speeds.

Just a heads up guys, the ones for $15 come in a tiny plastic container so don't waste your money on the kit for $25 if you do end up getting a set. nice that 3 come in a set also if you do lose one.

Back
Top Bottom