shanny still for sale w price | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

shanny still for sale w price

It's on reserve land isn't it? Does that make any difference?

the Rez is spitting distance to the south
this was my reasoning in pointing out there was no land value for another purpose

even if you could subdivide a few lots and still run the track
no one would want the land, values are terrible in that area

Could you get a "NASCAR North" run on that track? Just a thought. The US fans are rabid about that crap and there's a fair few Canadians that follow it too apparently and it seems to make a fair bit of cash.

different kind of track, Nascar races on an oval

They do road courses too, I would guess Shannonville is too small and tight.

They've been running the nascar truck series, supported by the Canadian Pinty's series at Mosport for a few years now. The Canadian nascar series also used to support the old Molson Indy.

I stand corrected, I learned everything I know about Nascar from Talladega nights

Last edited:
As Brian stated it would be a tough sell, for a building lot. The noise and traffic, on race days, would be a HUGE issue for any residence there. Pplus as often happens once occupied, they would begin to complain, (even though they knew the track was there, pre purchase, of the noise and traffic conditions, to local politicians). Just as those people who buy a property right next to an airport, and then complain about plane noise...lol

That would trigger "studies" to determine if they were actual issues or not. Simply wouldn't be worth it.

It's exactly the demise of L'Autodrome Saint-Eustache. Reason why it is shutting down at end of this year. So if any of you have never done this track, this year would be the year.

Back on topic... My idea, if I had the $$$, would be to build housing for track people. Just like NJMP ! Get people from far (rich ones) to stay in the whole wknd. Have the appartements on top and garage Under... straight onto the track, so you can see all races when renting it out ;)

Best way to fund your investement.

Of course, repave the darn track.

Making that business model work would require making the track more attractive than Bogie or Mosport. Given the flat landscape, that would be a challenge!

I don't know about "more attractive than... Mosport".
Mosport's days are numbered. Mosport is owned by a development company, it is a "land bank". Bowmanville is rapidly approaching the track with residential. It will be a subdivision.

When Mosport goes, Shannonville will be VERY attractive as a track.
Cayuga and Grand Bend don't look like they're trying to anything like "Bogie or Mosport.
What we DON'T want is a track "resort" like NJMP that they have been building lately. Please keep it "public".

I don't know about "more attractive than... Mosport".
Mosport's days are numbered. Mosport is owned by a development company, it is a "land bank". Bowmanville is rapidly approaching the track with residential. It will be a subdivision.

When Mosport goes, Shannonville will be VERY attractive as a track.
Cayuga and Grand Bend don't look like they're trying to anything like "Bogie or Mosport.
What we DON'T want is a track "resort" like NJMP that they have been building lately. Please keep it "public".

Bowmanville is still nothing but farmers fields south of Taunton road.

You and I will be long gone from this world before a sub division shows up there.

Plus I do believe some of the land around Mosport is protected. Looked at a property a few years back that butted up to the south side of CTMP. Great deal but "no building or structures" allowed . Only good as a land lot

Plus I do believe some of the land around Mosport is protected. Looked at a property a few years back that butted up to the south side of CTMP. Great deal but "no building or structures" allowed . Only good as a land lot

yes, Mosport is inside the Oak Ridges Moraine protected area

http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/JLzGBxM.jpg[/img]

specific designation is Country Side Area

Countryside Areas provide an agricultural and rural transition and buffer between the Natural Core Areas and Natural Linkage Areas and the urbanized Settlement Areas. Prime agricultural areas as well as natural features are protected. Most of the uses typically allowed in agricultural and other rural areas are allowed here. Within the Countryside Areas, the Oak Ridges Moraine Land Use Designation Map also identifies and delineates Rural Settlements. These are existing hamlets or similar small, generally long established communities, that are identified in official plans.
Policies on creating and developing new lots in Natural Core Areas, Natural Linkage Areas and Countryside Areas are very restrictive. Exceptions are permitted in the Moraine's Rural Settlements, the Palgrave Estates Community, and for limited residential development in Countryside Areas in the City of Kawartha Lakes and Peterborough and Northumberland Counties once the municipality has an approved growth management study and a rural economic development strategy, as well as a water budget and water conservation plan.

Even ignoring development restrictions Mosport is like 25km from developed Bowmanville.

It would take a looooooooonnnnnnggg time for development to move that far.

Back
Top Bottom