what is worth seeing near Beartooth Pass?

Thread: what is worth seeing near Beartooth Pass?

what is worth seeing near Beartooth Pass?

Planning out a trip next summer and thinking of heading west again. This time I would be heading towards Beartooth pass, hear nothing but good things about it. I would only push as far west as Yellowstone Park and even that is a maybe as I have heard it can be very busy, especially when I would be planning to go sometime in July.

So what I have tentatively is:

Beartooth Pass
    Yellowstone Park
    Chief Joseph byway
    Custer State Park / Mt Rushmore

Any suggestions for places to ride or things to see? Not super into touristy stuff, the trip is basically a time for me to get away and unwind on my own.

Re: what is worth seeing near Beartooth Pass?

Hwy 12 Missoula, Montana to Kooskia, Idaho. Then explore Idaho, lots of great quiet riding.

Highway 14 or 14A across the bighorn pass was one of my absolutely favourite roads of all time when we were out there in 2008.

The Tetons are also quite nice - if you're in Yellowstone anyways, go south around Grand Teton. Hit Devils Tower as well on the way west, and if you're in Yellowstone anyways, you might as well stop and see Old Faithful - it was kinda cool. Mount Rushmore as well if you're into that sorta thing.

Planning a trip out that way this summer as well with a friend. Here's the tentative plan through Yellowstone and the Tetons at this point.

--VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---Vstar 1100 (Wife)
    ----VStar 650 (Sold)
    -----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map

Quote Originally Posted by caboose56 View Post
    No one wants you here.

Can you please leave?

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    Planning out a trip next summer and thinking of heading west again. This time I would be heading towards Beartooth pass, hear nothing but good things about it. I would only push as far west as Yellowstone Park and even that is a maybe as I have heard it can be very busy, especially when I would be planning to go sometime in July.

So what I have tentatively is:

Beartooth Pass
    Yellowstone Park
    Chief Joseph byway
    Custer State Park / Mt Rushmore

Any suggestions for places to ride or things to see? Not super into touristy stuff, the trip is basically a time for me to get away and unwind on my own.
    Crazy horse memorial south of Mount Rushmore is good. Film and story is worth the price of admission.

Sent from my LG-H831 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

There was a really nice knife in the Mt.Rushmore gift shop that I wish I had bought, beautiful etched blade and bone handle. :I wonder if it's still there. When you see something you really like you should never hesitate, it's like mushrooms, pick em when you see's em.

Won't be heading into Idaho, if I had more time I would love to explore more. Basically as far west as I will probably go is Yellowstone. I have Mt Rushmore on the list and plotted, I figure why not while I am out there. Not huge on these destinations but I will give it a quick gander.

Will give Big Horn Pass a look.

Devils tower is on the list as well

Don't see any image PrivatePilot, is the link broken?

This is what I have so far for out west:

whoops, I didn't move the file to my server correctly. Image above fixed, here it is again.

--VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---Vstar 1100 (Wife)
    ----VStar 650 (Sold)
    -----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map

Quote Originally Posted by caboose56 View Post
    No one wants you here.

Can you please leave?