We Weren't Careful What We Wished For. | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Weren't Careful What We Wished For.

I didn't know about the two hour thing either. Neat!

Getting real tired of recklessly poorly written legislation

Interesting. Michael Bryant used drinking after driving to dodge some of his charges. With the new laws, you can get convicted of drunk driving even if you were at 0.0 while driving. Shocking.

So just don't answer the door.

Someone called it in that my car was being driven erratically? Prove it was me.

Next.

So just don't answer the door.

Someone called it in that my car was being driven erratically? Prove it was me.

Next.
Some tool filed a report on my bike with YRP that I was riding erratically last year. Got a warning letter from YRP stating repeat second complaint will lead to a phone call from an officer, repeat third complaint will lead to a home visit. Not eager to find out what happens after that.

They had no proof it was me riding.

Funny thing, the date and time stated on the letter, I was no where near that area. I know because I was at work.

Not eager to find out what happens after that.

Fourth visit your bike goes to jail after they find some heroin on top of the gas tank

I imagine a good lawyer would punch enough holes in cases like that to establish enough reasonable doubt for acquittal. Still BS for the amount of grief and cost you would have to go through. Hope they fix it.

Seems like another feel good law that does nothing to me.

The person complaining just took it to one extreme end of the spectrum.

Chances are that the last person you visited, friend or bartender, is in no way going to say that they sent you to your car sloshing drunk.

If the police apply this in the manner that I suspect it was intended for - i.e. random officer pulls you over but doesn't have the instrumentation in his own patrol car, and it takes some time for either said instrumentation to arrive at the site or for the person in question to be brought to the instrumentation, thus the police have complete "chain of custody" between seeing the driver driving and measuring their alcohol level - there won't be either an opportunity or a need to challenge this - and rightly so.

If, on the other hand, the police apply this in the way some are suggesting is possible - without a complete chain of custody between the driving and the drinking - it's going to get challenged, and rightly so.

Some tool filed a report on my bike with YRP that I was riding erratically last year. Got a warning letter from YRP stating repeat second complaint will lead to a phone call from an officer, repeat third complaint will lead to a home visit. Not eager to find out what happens after that.

They had no proof it was me riding.

Funny thing, the date and time stated on the letter, I was no where near that area. I know because I was at work.

Haha. People hating on the Blade!

Just because the legislation has been written doesn't mean it will survive a constitution challenge. If someone, were to challenge this I can imagine some pretty high priced lawyers, will do the work pro bono, just to get it tossed, (rightfully so).

Canada is getting closer to some other countries where you are quilty untill proven innocent.

That's the problem....we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. According to the OP link, the individual has to prove their innocence.

Just because the legislation has been written doesn't mean it will survive a constitution challenge. If someone, were to challenge this I can imagine some pretty high priced lawyers, will do the work pro bono, just to get it tossed, (rightfully so).

It is incredibly expensive to go all the way to the Supreme Court, and that's likely where this will need to go. The track record of Canadian courts sticking up for individual rights has not been good. They tend to err on the side of security. The better thing to do would be to vote that idiot Trudeau out of office, since he's a dam authoritarian anyway.

good rule in life
never invite the police into your house (unless you called them)
they will ask, always say no and close the door

good rule in life
never invite the police into your house (unless you called them)
they will ask, always say no and close the door

Hopefully they won't stick their foot in the door like those water heater scumbags.

Back
Top Bottom