2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke?

With allstate, it's the charge to pay monthly. Kinda ridiculous, but it is what it is. I believe you can eliminate it with an upfront payment for the year's premium.
Well if they had your $$ up front they would be investing it. The fee is to cover that, I would imagine.
All that money kicking around waiting to be invested is why Buffet bout Geico.
They should just charge eveyone the premium and then give you a "discount" for paying up front.
Damn.
Now I went and gave them another cash grab idea.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Well... I got my renewal in the mail today... haven't been on the forum too much lately, but, this is the first place I came as soon as I took a second to let it sink in....

I'm male, Mid-30s, got a wife, no claims... 1 house, both have cars and... 2009 GSX-R600

• VW Golf was 1177, now 1307 (+11%)
  • Mazda 3 was 1004, now 1166 (+16%)
  • House was 620, now 840 (+36%)
  • Bike was 1090, now 1199 (+10%)

That's too much. An overall increase of 16%!!! Sickened... I got dizzy as a I read through those numbers...

I've been getting quotes online etc, to no avail... this is brutal. Steady increases from Allstate since I signed with them in 2016. Not sure what to do...

Might be time to call a pro / broker ...

Well... I got my renewal in the mail today... haven't been on the forum too much lately, but, this is the first place I came as soon as I took a second to let it sink in....

I'm male, Mid-30s, got a wife, no claims... 1 house, both have cars and... 2009 GSX-R600

That's too much. An overall increase of 16%!!! Sickened... I got dizzy as a I read through those numbers...

I've been getting quotes online etc, to no avail... this is brutal. Steady increases from Allstate since I signed with them in 2016. Not sure what to do...

What's most amazing is that the bike went up the least :/

What's most amazing is that the bike went up the least :/
My bike and car didn't go up at all, same as last year with Allstate. House is up 8% though.

I switched to different insurers and overall I'm saving about $60 a month.
Shopping every year seems to be the norm now.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone mentioned this . But even if your rates stayed the same your coverage has gone down . The insurance saving are done by getting less for your money . The government lowers the benefits insurance companies give each year . If you wanted the same coverage as say three years ago . Your rates would probably be up 50% or more .

Shoot I would gladly pay for what you have for car and the bike. Living in Scarborough is rough on insurance. What area are you in?

What a joke. My policy with 4 vehicles (2 VWs, a GSXR1000, and R1200GSA) just went up $500. My home insurance is up over $100. Combined, over $600 increase this year. Last year was a $400 increase (both bikes went up $200 each for no reason). That's a $1000 increase in 2 years with Allstate with clean record. What the hell justifies these increases? It's clear the industry needs regulation. Time to shop around... I'm not paying $5600 for insurance.

People, go sign the petition that Mad Mike started... please.

^ Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any incentive in being loyal to an insurer anymore. Being forced to shop around every year. Even expecting rates to stay the same every claim-free year is asking for a lot in this market. I would suggest Belair direct for car and home, if you can find a standalone policy for your bike elsewhere. Belair seems to have the best rates in my experience.

Rates went up approximately 10%. No claims etc. Can’t say I’m shocked. Time to shop around, again.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

What was the reason they gave for dropping you?
They are dropping all super sports, reason is they no longer offer insurance on those models.

"Less than 6 years of experience since date of M2"

What? I've heard of people with far more experience getting their bikes dropped.

Lol.

Reading through here I started getting nervous, I've only had my m2 since June 2018 and wasn't sure what to expect this season.
Just got off the phone with riders plus and was surprised at the offer. Both bikes for just under 1900 full coverage, 500 deductible and 1mil liability. About 200 cheaper overall vs. What I was quoted a few months ago.

Somehow I feel like it will go up when I'm ready to sign even though the agent was pretty confident that was the final number...

Sent from my SM-G965W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom