2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke?

I hate to ask what a replacement set of Ohlins forks would be for my Tuono were I to bend them in a collision. An OE Ohlins TTX rear shock is $US1900...

They would write your bike off, ask me how i know.

The expensive high-tech safety features on modern vehicles being blamed for this most recent rate increase are back-up cameras, touch screen controls, and blind-spot monitors.

I got it off both government and insurance industry web sites after searching specifically for details on this latest increase.

My eleven year old Chevy Shitlander has none of these features, yet the rate increases each year. Now what's their excuse?

via Tapatalk

Also paying for the people that you see on Canada's Worst Driver, so that they can continue their streaks of collisions and not have to take the bus.

I got my renewal with Td meloche monnex and it went from $585 to $599.
Just turned 28 and its a 2014 Crf250l. Also have my car with them.

Pulled my renewal notice out of the mailbox today...
Premium remains the same, however... Included with the renewal/pink slips/policy was a nice fancy insert 'Summary of Changes" explaining all the discounts that are no longer available as well as an explanation re. increases in various surcharges.

The one change that stands out most to me is discontinuance of "Rider Training" discounts.... I always thought ins co's smiled upon people taking rider training and offered discounts to encourage clients to do so. 'Guess not.

Does anybody know the deal with Aviva? I heard they are dropping anyone who is not licensed for 6+ years but I haven't gotten my renewal yet. If this is the case where's the next best company for beginner riders?

Does anybody know the deal with Aviva? I heard they are dropping anyone who is not licensed for 6+ years but I haven't gotten my renewal yet. If this is the case where's the next best company for beginner riders?
Best to call a broker like Mitchel Whale, Dalton Timmis, Chris/Paul South for options.

Other options include Rider's plus, Desjardins, Statefarm, TD.

Perhaps what you're talkin' about is the 9/6 thing (red circled)...?

2cib8lk.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps what you're talkin' about is the 9/6 thing (red circled)...?

2cib8lk.jpg

Not sure honestly, I was told they are dropping everyone that's not licensed 6+ years but that pic seems that your rates will just increase if your under 6 years licensed, I could be wrong

Lol, just for fun i messaged my car insurance company about buying a Hellcat, it would be $8 more a year to insure that then my '13 Optima.

Going shopping tomorrow!

Pulled my renewal notice out of the mailbox today...
Premium remains the same, however... Included with the renewal/pink slips/policy was a nice fancy insert 'Summary of Changes" explaining all the discounts that are no longer available as well as an explanation re. increases in various surcharges.

The one change that stands out most to me is discontinuance of "Rider Training" discounts.... I always thought ins co's smiled upon people taking rider training and offered discounts to encourage clients to do so. 'Guess not.

It used to be that driver training was a differentiating factor. It would seem in today's environment that nearly everyone who has been licensed in the last 10 years has gone through the driver training program. Hence it doesn't carry the same weight in differentiating one person from another.

Insured with Aviva through Dalton Timmis and they jacked up my 2 bikes, 2 cars and house rates this year. Already told them I am leaving but have to wait a couple weeks for renewal time. Unfortunately I am going to have to now split my vehicles and house with two companies since not everyone will take my bike or car. Total pain but necessary to avoid being gouged by companies that are willing jack your rates, knowing that most people will just pay. And yes, they have now eliminated almost all discounts that were previously available.

Well would rather a decrease but still happy with my overall rate ...... Especially following this thread on some crazy increases .....
You are happy with an increase in your motorcycle premiums! You do realize the insurance companies are justifying this most recent increase as being the result of distracted drivers and the increased cost of replacing high-tech automobile equipment <- neither of which have relevance to motorcycle claims.

Just keep in mind that ins co's are not in business to provide us with cheap coverage.
They are beholding only to their share holders.
Profit is their #1 raison d'etre.

Last year moved to TD Monex with house , 2 cars, bike. saved $1,100. total. This year the premiums went up $1365. so back to where I was 2 yrs ago. I moved everything to Northland Ins and its back down $1,000. over all.

Monex said it was all discounts going away, Aviva where I was for 30ys went to the moon which is why i went to Monex. Northland seemed to find some discounts......

Its going to become a crap shoot going forward. There is now a punishment premium for not being with an insurer more than one yr. They take into account loyalty, hard to be loyal when they make you shop constantly.

Back
Top Bottom