H-D Livewire pricing... | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

H-D Livewire pricing...

There are number of little things that make a motorcycle different from a car. One being that during a recharge in inclement weather the car driver and passengers can stay warm and dry listening to music or playing video games.

For practical transportation an E-motorcycle holds the high cards but for touring fun not so much.

For me a motorcycle is all about fun and freedom. Presently the ability to run as far and hard as I want is not limited by refueling with the exception of really remote routes. Basically if the road is paved there'll be gas somewhere. Goldwings like paved roads.

In the USA I don't see Billy-Bob hopping into his dually electric pickup and heading out for a chicken fried steak.

Billy-Bob doesn't understand metric and anything besides horsepower talk is a commie plot.

Hate to be a naysayer,but it's still waaaay off the mark.Don't think level 2 chargers are going to pop up all over the countryside.

@Vtom, that exactly the type of article that's been missing, converting or recruiting 1% of the HD crowd could double the electric bike market in the US. That's huge gains.

And yes lots of places where I like to ride, may never see stage two chargers in a near future, but the times they are a changing....

Maybe this has already been said, but a good chunk of the HD market could be served with limited range bikes. I have a few HD owners on my street who think Markham to Port Perry qualifies as a tour, the range would easily meet their needs.

Imagine if HD and Tim Hortons collaberated to put L2 bike chargers in every Tim's parking lot.

L2 chargers at a Tim's only if its got an above average fee rate meter. Its all about the cash flow, feel good stories are only stories....

I doubt it'd take much incentive to get HD dealers to install a couple level 2 chargers. That alone would provide quite a charging network.
That's assuming they sell some.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

If each dealer just takes one, that's 1500 units...... imagine if they each took two
Brb.......

I think that's, like, 3000 units.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Imagine if HD and Tim Hortons collaberated to put L2 bike chargers in every Tim's parking lot.

Something like that would help the entire industry out. 2 big brands helping to electrify the next evolution of transportation. Seems like a good idea to me.

Something like that would help the entire industry out. 2 big brands helping to electrify the next evolution of transportation. Seems like a good idea to me.

Certainly a great idea!

Realize that there are quite a few charging stations around now and lots more coming over the next year or two. (The App "Charge Hub" is really useful at finding chargers. For example near where I work there are four level 2 chargers at Vaughn Mills Mall, 4 at City of Vaughn on Rutherford (Not sure what EV plug means for level.) Not sure what the three or four chargers we have here at work are (I should know and will find out) but know over the next year we are going to have some 800v chargers for the Taycan (would that be level 3?)

A little further away there are chargers around the area.

EDIT: The chargers at work are Level 2

..Tom

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom