Rules for helmets on airplane | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rules for helmets on airplane

Trials

What's the best way to transport a 1 pound open face indoor trials helmet during international air travel, I can't find it anywhere:
- in your luggage
- as carry-on
- on your head

That's what I told my wife I wanted to do, but then she would have to wear my cowboy hat.

Brought mine to Thailand in its bag and just stuffed it under the seat in front of me.

You`re allowed 1 personal item + carry on.

How much other stuff are you bringing?

I've done a couple of overseas riding trips, and a hockey bag is about right for all my gear. That goes in checked luggage.

As of this past May when I did the last one, international flights on Air Canada include one checked bag.

:cool: I was thinking they might freak out if I tried to carry on, that was the option I was looking for

Thanks all :thumbup:

yup
domestic flights where there is immense pressure to keep fares down
the airlines are pretty strict with luggage if you're flying cattle-car section

internationally is much more relaxed for cabin baggage
like mentioned, one carry on plus one personal item is fine

women typically have a carry on that has enough room for 2 weeks of stuff for a guy
plus the purse, plus the personal item, plus some other **** ~ duty free etc

a guy with a backpack and helmet will not be a problem

What's the best way to transport a 1 pound open face indoor trials helmet during international air travel, I can't find it anywhere:
- in your luggage
- as carry-on
- on your head

Carry on.. just as I have done with my Ski/Snowboard helmets over the years... never had an issue.

for anything that's a 'must have' at the other end of the flt, carry on bag.
The airline cant loose or miss direct the bag your carrying.

Car keys, house keys, motorcycle helmet, any documents or rental paperwork all stay with me.

Had a friend last week, who had visitors from Sweden, (a single dad and teenage twins). The female twins bag was left behind by the airline in London England. Imagine a teenage female arriving after having wore the same clothes for 30 hours of travel with NO other clothes in a carry on. They went shopping the next morning as the bag wasn't due to arrive in TO until 9:30 PM the NEXT day...

I ALWAYS pack toiletries, swim suit, and 2 changes of clothes, (usually shorts and t shirts), plus of course meds, in my carry on.

for anything that's a 'must have' at the other end of the flt, carry on bag.
The airline cant loose or miss direct the bag your carrying.

Car keys, house keys, motorcycle helmet, any documents or rental paperwork all stay with me.

Had a friend last week, who had visitors from Sweden, (a single dad and teenage twins). The female twins bag was left behind by the airline in London England. Imagine a teenage female arriving after having wore the same clothes for 30 hours of travel with NO other clothes in a carry on. They went shopping the next morning as the bag wasn't due to arrive in TO until 9:30 PM the NEXT day...

I ALWAYS pack toiletries, swim suit, and 2 changes of clothes, (usually shorts and t shirts), plus of course meds, in my carry on.

30 hours travel? Must have been one hell of a layover.

I believe they had a 4 hour drive to airport, then you have to be there, three hours in advance, plus, they then, had a layover in Germany, then London, then arrive and spend 3 hours at airport until Air Canada found the bag in London.... It all adds up pretty quickly.

30 hours travel? Must have been one hell of a layover.

Always a great idea.
A few years ago I travelled to our Asia office on China Southern.
Landed only to find my luggage was not on our plane after an hour+ at customer service when carousels are empty .WTF?
I arrived at hotel at 7am a full 24 hrs after leaving PIA checked in and left 10 minutes later as first meeting was at 8.
Everyone chuckled about my caual wear.. only 1 flight in a day so awaited luggage on day 2. Nope. No time to shop as full agenda and not a major concern I was advised.
Change of casual and more smiles day 2.
Day 3 right running out of casual still no bags.........luggage finally arrives at office end of day.

Always pack carry on that will get you through a day or 2 as you just never know.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom