Tires on sale anywhere? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tires on sale anywhere?

Daytona Motor Sport on Steeles (just west of 400) will beat any competitor price including Pete's and there is no shipping charge cause you pick it up. Closed for business in the winter from November to March.

Speedworx posted a tire sale ad in FB along with an install promo
171439e38beabe288abaa956b05415cf.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Even with the "Free" shipping from Fortnine and the $10 discount they are still showing $290.39 for the 2 Shinko 777's I want. Petes Superbike is pretty much the same within $1-$2.

I may take the suggestion to go to GP. Their labour rates are pretty crazy for tire installations last I checked though - the quoted labour cost for the front struck me as crazy for a 5 minute job taking in off and back on again. The rear I can understand (shaft drive, etc). I usually buy the tires and then take the front off and carry it in for install somewhere - I used to deal with Clarington Cycle, but they're gone now. Someone told me GP won't do it anymore.

My last rear tire swap I pulled it myself and did the carry-in thing, but after doing it once...I swore I'd never do it again, so I may just take the bike in for that this time around. ;)
Mike at Clarington cycle is now at Blackstock Motorsports. Byers road and 57, 10 minutes north of his previous shop.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Thanks all - ended up ordering the set from Fortnine after it was all said and done - I've had great experiences with them in the past, and this time was no exception - ordered sunday, tires shipped Monday, received the yesterday.

Mike at Clarington cycle is now at Blackstock Motorsports. Byers road and 57, 10 minutes north of his previous shop.

Yep, thanks - I may take the bike there to get the rubber installed. Got a quote today for bringing my bike over to GP sometime in the next few weeks with the new rubber and having them installed there... "Around $200" was what they said. I know it's a shaft drive and all, but that seems pretty steep. Will be calling Blackstock tomorrow.

Thanks all - ended up ordering the set from Fortnine after it was all said and done - I've had great experiences with them in the past, and this time was no exception - ordered sunday, tires shipped Monday, received the yesterday.

Yep, thanks - I may take the bike there to get the rubber installed. Got a quote today for bringing my bike over to GP sometime in the next few weeks with the new rubber and having them installed there... "Around $200" was what they said. I know it's a shaft drive and all, but that seems pretty steep. Will be calling Blackstock tomorrow.
You should buy a bike lift. Keep you from messing up your back working on the bike. $200 seems pretty pricey to me as well.

I do my own tire changes with some rim guards and three spoons. Its a bit tougher with touring tires... carcass is pretty stiff. Sport tires are a breeze (comparatively speaking.)

My last change I was planning to do them myself - removed them from the bike (front is easy of course, rear, not so much, but got it done), but when it came time to spoon them things came to a grinding halt.

After much cursing and fruitless effort (the sidewall on the tires were like bloody concrete), I threw them both in the back of my car and paid GP to swap them and balance - off the bike they were $40 each or something like that. At that price I was happy paying someone to do the hard part. If it wasn't for the fact that I really don't relish fighting with the rear again I'd repeat of course, but meh... At $100 or $150 to just bring the bike and sit and enjoy a coffee while someone else wrenches and gets the bloody knuckles instead of me, I'd be onboard.

At $100 or $150 to just bring the bike and sit and enjoy a coffee while someone else wrenches and gets the bloody knuckles instead of me, I'd be onboard.

Totally understandable. I'm sure i'll get to the point where I can't justify the hassle.
At least on your bike, you probably average 15,000k on a set of tires. Even dual compound tires don't last on my bike. Got 6,000k out of a rear pirelli rosso3 on mine. Front looks to have little wear, rear was almost on the cords.

Wrench because you enjoy it, not because you have to.

Back
Top Bottom