Ducati Pitbull rear stand | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati Pitbull rear stand

Wingboy

Site Supporter
I'm buying a pitbull stand this weekend for my single side swingarm Duc.There are 2 models.Standard (lift from drive side) and hybrid (lift from either side for $40 more).I can't see the reason to lift from the right side.I have a baxely type wheel chock to hold the bike upright when working on it.So why would i need the hybrid?Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have the hybrid one. Sometimes it’s nice for space/storage purposes to lift from the right side because the handle doesn’t stick out beyond the back of the bike. It stays tucked under the bike to avoid you stubbing a tie or tripping on it.

I thought it was for people who are uncomfortable holding the bike up by the tail when fiddling with a stand. That way they can lift the bike standing beside it, not behind it.

I thought it was for people who are uncomfortable holding the bike up by the tail when fiddling with a stand. That way they can lift the bike standing beside it, not behind it.

The Pitbull site states that it makes sprocket changes easier.I think i'll just get the standard version.I never had a problem using it on my Hypermotard.Shouldn't have sold it with the bike.

If you never needed it for the Hyper, then you probably won't need it for the Multi. You can always buy the sprocket side pin later if you end up needing it. Or you can just borrow mine.

If you never needed it for the Hyper, then you probably won't need it for the Multi. You can always buy the sprocket side pin later if you end up needing it. Or you can just borrow mine.

P1110080_zpsuocfi6hy.jpg

Last edited:
Oops, I meant the pin that goes into the wheel side, not sprocket side. But didn't the Multi come with a center stand?

Oops, I meant the pin that goes into the wheel side, not sprocket side. But didn't the Multi come with a center stand?

No,it's an option that i don't want.I don't like dragging hard parts.

Back
Top Bottom