Buy your new bike at the mall ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buy your new bike at the mall ?

If the economics work out, why not?

Wonder how they handle the workshop part of it?

Saw a Harley Davidson pop shop at Erin Mills Town centre during Christmas time. Most bikes said sold so I think they were only selling the shirts.
8427248b30bc53a6eab1b909d030e617.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As a guy walking the mall with my wife occasionally this would be like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Likely a lot of people wandering in and being exposed to powersport toys they may never see otherwise, as well. Not everyone would ever go to a dedicated powersports store, but lots of people go to the mall.

I think it's a pretty unique idea actually.

Anybody remember the Edmonton Bultaco dealership that was located in a shopping mall?
... not the big Edmonton super mall thing, this would have been at least a decade before that existed.

I love the idea.

As PrivatePilot suggested the exposure alone for people who would never otherwise come across two wheels in an environment like that would be great for the market/sport.

There was a Porsche dealer at Square One

I feel like mall space in the city would be to expensive for what you get and wouldn’t work as well. Without service in that space I can’t see how you could cover the expenses.

Makes sense in the country where there is plenty of empty storefronts. Per capita a lot more people that own atvs and sleds so you can sell consumables/accessories/gear.

I feel like mall space in the city would be to expensive for what you get and wouldn’t work as well. Without service in that space I can’t see how you could cover the expenses.

Makes sense in the country where there is plenty of empty storefronts. Per capita a lot more people that own atvs and sleds so you can sell consumables/accessories/gear.

Your comment about the empty storefronts is the important part. Monthly rent in high traffic malls is impossible for a motorcycle shop. You won't see one in Yorkdale any time soon. But in a mall that has a few empty stores? for sure.

The rent in malls that are not in Toronto has gone down so much. They are still not cheap, but a lot cheaper than they used to be.
They expanded the large mall here in Oshawa a few years ago and they still must have 15 empty stores.

If I remember correctly, Santa took over that spot in the mall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your comment about the empty storefronts is the important part. Monthly rent in high traffic malls is impossible for a motorcycle shop. You won't see one in Yorkdale any time soon. But in a mall that has a few empty stores? for sure.

Rents in major successful malls are cruel. However if an established dealer got a deal on a short term lease for a couple of months it might generate interest. Service etc would be at the main dealership.

In desperate times malls will accept zero rent, just pay the expenses and make the place look successful. But in desperate times nobody's buying anything.

The main question is whether the sales would pay for staffing and phones etc. Renovating the place would be out of the question. Also the dealer would end up splitting his inventory.

If we are talking an industry effort then the manufacturers would be in a better spot to host what would be like a mini bike show, rotating from mall to mall. Local dealers would only supply sales staff.

If we are talking an industry effort then the manufacturers would be in a better spot to host what would be like a mini bike show, rotating from mall to mall. Local dealers would only supply sales staff.

That's a good idea. When I was a kid in Pickering "The Mall" would have groups set up displays of community interest from time to time, including stuff like your idea. Do malls still do that anymore though? It seems to me they've filled those spaces with the junky kiosks.

Now that I think about it I can't remember when the last time was that I was in a mall.

I would have no issue buying from a store in the mall so long as they have a service department somewhere.

From reading the article it does not look like they really gearing to sell vehicles

[FONT=&quot]"In November, Rosseau Road Powersports and Marine opened a store in the Huntsville Place Mall selling powersport accessories and parts, plus side-by-sides."

[/FONT]

Snow City should do that
get a mall location for sales promotions
that place on Kennedy is a zoo

They sell TESLA at Yorkdale Mall don't they..?

Not really a sales setup. I believe it's really just sit in the vehicle, ask 20 questions and arrange a test drive at a dedicated location.

Have the same thing at Markville, it's a Mercedes Benz Canada store. Same idea, you can buy corporate merch and see the latest cars -- they will dispatch a local demo from the MB dealer 2 minutes away if you're serious.

Back
Top Bottom