Thieves in England... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thieves in England...

Being an ex Brit. Back in the good old days, nobody would dare touch your bike. Looks like times have changed.
If I am going any distance, perhaps via slab and need to pull over in one of the Highway restaurants, I will always look where bikers have parked and park there. Best safe place. I trust us.

Insufficient repercussions, thievery needs to become dangerous as well as just wrong.

Insufficient repercussions, thievery needs to become dangerous as well as just wrong.

Worked for 2 years in Saudi Arabia. If you got caught stealing, 2 witnesses. You would lose your hand. If you dropped your wallet in the street, chances where very good that when you went back for it, it would still be there. Hence, very little crime.

Private enterprise is making a good living recovering some of these bike. Glad to see some of them being returned to their owners. Good channel!

https://youtu.be/mbDH1I47x4M

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

wtf. They cut a piece out of the disc to remove the lock. That would have gotten awfully exciting if they decided to run. I wonder if the disc warps enough to hit the pads/caliper when you get them hot.

Nice story re the recovery in just over a day, but realistically, the old Africa Twin is very unique looking and probably a pretty rare beast in the UK. Won't have the same ending if it was a run of the mill scooter or sport bike.

Nice story re the recovery in just over a day, but realistically, the old Africa Twin is very unique looking and probably a pretty rare beast in the UK. Won't have the same ending if it was a run of the mill scooter or sport bike.
Check out Post #5. Nice to see England fighting back. There's a pair of R6's recovered as well. They pay for your recovery fees.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

pretty sure you could leave an old Africa Twin
sitting in downtown TO, with the keys in it
and no one would steal a bike that ugly
well maybe a die hard Honda fanatic would

You'd be surprised.

No ADV bike is pretty, but the old school Africa Twin was based off the Dakar Rally Desert Racer which Honda had won for a quite a few years in the late 80s. So if you're a fan of the Dakar (and many people are), these models are quite popular and in good condition they are also a collectible.

Anyway, to answer your question, "Would anyone steal one?". You might not, but most definitely someone out there would.

That's actually a cool looking bike as ADV bikes go. And highly collectible. I'd ride it.

It would look like a supermodel beside my Ducati MTS.

Back
Top Bottom