Custom paint shop? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Custom paint shop?

Kang

Hey guys, been looking to get some of my carbon fiber body panels custom painted. I'm not looking for a single colour, rather a more complex design with a logo and some "exposed" carbon.

Every local shop I've called that claims to do custom motorcycle work can't help me... super frustrating. I'm new to TO, so I'm really not sure where else to turn, everything coming up on Google has lead to a dead end.

TIA.

Are you asking for something impossible (either technically or financially)? It's strange that you are having trouble. Do you have a design sketched out? Are they painting loose panels or are you delivering them the assembled bike?Are you willing to pay for the amount of work required as it sounds like it will cost much more than a simple spray?

Motorcycle show is a good idea, either talk to vendors or check out the show bikes and see if they have the painter listed. There are (were?) a couple talented helmet airbrushers in the GTA. Depending on your design they may be able to help you.

Message Carboncat.(if he is still on here)

Black Widow
She should be at the show this weekend

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback, I plan to be at the show this weekend so I'll ask there.

To answer some questions: all body work is currently off of the bike, and I'm simply looking to replicate the stock decals with custom, pearl paints. I'm not asking for anything crazy (black, and a single colour icon/logo). I've purchased the complete Moto Composite carbon fiber bodywork, BST wheels and every KTM Powerpart available - just need this to finish off the cosmetics of the bike.

I'll check out Connery and Black Widow at the show on Friday, thanks again.

Depending on complexity (which you haven't shown us), replicating decals with paint CAN range from expensive to next-to-impossible. Another option is to get a place that does vehicle wraps/graphics to print new decals. Should be shops who do that at the bike show also.

Also depending on what you are attempting to do, replicating graphics that include registered trademarks CAN introduce copyright hassles. Not all copyright holders care, but some do. Not all graphics shops care, but some might. How much they care may depend on whether they know you, what you are planning to do with them, etc.

The "Yamaha" stickers on my race bike were cut from stickers that came from a Yamaha dealer ...

Mark Alousis at Design Junkies used to do large format graphics, I'm not sure if he still is.
City: Toronto, ON
Postal code: M1B 5S5
Address: 87 Thornmount Drive, Toronto, ON, M1B 5S5
Phone Number: (416) 283-2552

Another option is to get a place that does vehicle wraps/graphics to print new decals.
Tried a few of those options too, apparently they can't match anodized colours very well...

Hopefully I'll get some traction at the show this weekend.

Tried a few of those options too, apparently they can't match anodized colours very well...

Hopefully I'll get some traction at the show this weekend.

Anodized colors in paint aren't easy either. Trying to replicate a look using an entirely different process is always trouble.

The other nuisance with anodizing is that it is not UV resistant. I have a bike with 5 year old Woodcraft handlebars. They used to be black. They're now purple and the bars are a different shade from the clamps. (I don't care.)

Got several leads at the bike show, hope this turns out OK... will post pics when complete. Thanks again for the help.

Got several leads at the bike show, hope this turns out OK... will post pics when complete. Thanks again for the help.
Who do you think you are going with?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom