bandit - XR71 fairing kit | GTAMotorcycle.com

bandit - XR71 fairing kit

copy image address 49517131_2093828980724496_7119032142796947456_o.jpg
bracket the image address with image hypertext code "img" and "/img" surrounded by square brackets:
49517131_2093828980724496_7119032142796947456_o.jpg

voila!

I love Bandits but not sure I'd want to go to this much trouble to turn one into a racer boy looking bike. If you absolutely have to have the full fairings there were plenty of years where the Bandit/GSX1250F came with them and they don't cost much more than the half fairing versions.

I love Bandits but not sure I'd want to go to this much trouble to turn one into a racer boy looking bike. If you absolutely have to have the full fairings there were plenty of years where the Bandit/GSX1250F came with them and they don't cost much more than the half fairing versions.

Im not really a bandit lover lol. but I do like the look of an 80's sbk. As for the trouble to add the fairing and tail, I think it would be a fairly straight forward project. If you think a stock bandit would be a better do it all bike, you're probably right; but missing the point for someone who likes old school superbikes.

Last edited:
I like it. There are also a couple of nice XR69 replicas around based on the bandit

There are a couple really good series in the UK for Bandits as well. Formula Prostock and the Bandit cup. You can get out on the track pretty cheaply too, 1000 pounds will get you something decent.

Im not really a bandit lover lol. but I do like the look of an 80's sbk. As for the trouble to add the fairing and tail, I think it would be a fairly straight forward project. If you think a stock bandit would be a better do it all bike, you're probably right; but missing the point for someone who likes old school superbikes.

Yeah, but it only looks like an old school super bike. It'll still just be a Bandit with some lipstick and rouge slapped on it. It'll still handle and perform like a Bandit. I have no problem with that because as I said I am a fan of the Bandits, but I just don't see the point of doing all that work just for looks. It's like back in the day when people would build kit-car Porches and Ferraris on Beetle chassis.

Yeah, but it only looks like an old school super bike. It'll still just be a Bandit with some lipstick and rouge slapped on it. It'll still handle and perform like a Bandit. I have no problem with that because as I said I am a fan of the Bandits, but I just don't see the point of doing all that work just for looks. It's like back in the day when people would build kit-car Porches and Ferraris on Beetle chassis.

I don't correlate a vw bug chassis to that of a bandit chassis. I would say its the opposite. A bandit has a much better chassis than an 80's sbk, nice wide 17" wheels, and brakes that work.

Unlike a vw chassis, with a bandit you get a capable modern chassis - with an old school look. Wouldn't bother me that its just a fake semblance of an 80's sbk, because it would work better than an actual 80's bike. With the look.

I suppose my tastes are different than most; not much support for it here lol, and thats understandable; but nothing wrong with being different.
I like old school 80's - but honestly wouldn't want to go through the trouble and cost of building or restoring an old bike that still won't perform as well as the bandit for street riding.

Back
Top Bottom