2019 Motorcycle Super Show - tickets? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 Motorcycle Super Show - tickets?

I used to go on the weekends, butit was a complete schit show. For the last 3 years I have just decided to go Friday after work around 5:30 or so. You can do more in 3.5 hours Friday evening than you can in 5 hours on the Saturday. There is never a line up for tickets, no bumping shoulders on the floor....it's pretty much dead. Only downfall is that there isn't any stunt shows or anything like that which you will see on the weekend.

I used to go on the weekends, butit was a complete schit show. For the last 3 years I have just decided to go Friday after work around 5:30 or so. You can do more in 3.5 hours Friday evening than you can in 5 hours on the Saturday. There is never a line up for tickets, no bumping shoulders on the floor....it's pretty much dead. Only downfall is that there isn't any stunt shows or anything like that which you will see on the weekend.

Stunt Show!!!!! Our SOCT booth is right beside it again. Arrrrggghh.

Sounds like exactly what I'm going to do. I can't stand overcrowding.

Stunt Show!!!!! Our SOCT booth is right beside it again. Arrrrggghh.

Yes we were at the OFTR booth right next to it as well...very annoying to say the least...im bringing ear plugs this yr

Just got home from the show.
Some good deals on gear.

Shoei rf1200 for $400 at a couple places.
X-14's for $600 at 613 Motorsports.
Buddy scored new boots from GP for 25% off, and an A* jacket for around $350.
I grabbed an RST 1pc suit from Riders Choice and some new gloves.

Some cool bikes to see in the display halls.

Surprisingly it was less busy than previous years for opening day.

Ice cream stand in place, and salami for sale as usual :D

Much the same for me. "miggs"

Arrived at 1 `ish. Via entrance 5. Nobody in line at the wicket. Stood there and handed a few coupons out. Thanks to "robertv19"
Some people looked at me as it I was weird. Well, yes I am. I think they thought there was a catch. I am a biker helping.
Parking was simple. Didn`t need anything. Enjoyed myself.
Pizza was $6 a slice. Water was $4.

Much the same for me. "miggs"

Arrived at 1 `ish. Via entrance 5. Nobody in line at the wicket. Stood there and handed a few coupons out. Thanks to "robertv19"
Some people looked at me as it I was weird. Well, yes I am. I think they thought there was a catch. I am a biker helping.
Parking was simple. Didn`t need anything. Enjoyed myself.
Pizza was $6 a slice. Water was $4.

Glad I could help!
Arrived around the same time today and left around 6.
My buddy is just getting into riding so needed pretty much everything.
Grabbed one of the $400 Shoei RF1200 helmets.
Needed a new lid and couldn’t pass up the great deal.

Cheers,

Rob

Strolled through the show Friday evening. Crowds were light and no lineups. Able to throw a leg over several bikes. Great variety of new/used/classic and custom bikes to feast your eyes on; also the usual salami and flea market vendors to help you thwart the winter riding blues.

Bought a Shoei X-14 on impulse ($600 taxes in) couldn't pass up, from 613 Motorsports. They also had a steal on Sidi boots ($200 taxes in).

Cruiser riders: check out the 'Big Blue Motorcycle Lift' booth. That thing is awesome.

I hate to say it because I own 2 Ninjas and love team green, but Kawasaki's booth was rather plain and disappointing. I was hoping to see the latest ZX-10RR or the winter test KRT models. Instead only a STOCK, matte grey ZX-10R sitting next to the new ZX-6R (also completely stock).
From a brand and marketing perspective I'm baffled by the lack of promotion. Here's essentially the bike Jonathan Rea rides, winning the last 4 WSBK Riders Championships (and helping Kawasaki win 3 Manufacturer Championships with Tom Sykes). And this coming season, Jordan Szoke, the reigning CSBK Champion, will be on a '19 ZX-10R. But oddly no news or posters, no KRT swag, no "we dominate SBK racing" headlines or promotional signage —nada thing— at the booth.

And lastly, the elephant in the room: where, oh where are all the electric motorcycles/concepts? Absolutely nothing at this show, Toronto arguably the biggest market for motorcycles in Canada. Very strange in light of the massive changes occurring in the automotive industry and the imminent shift away from ICE.

Last edited:
Strolled through the show Friday evening. Crowds were light and no lineups. Able to throw a leg over several bikes. Great variety of new/used/classic and custom bikes to feast your eyes on; also the usual salami and flea market vendors to help you thwart the winter riding blues.

Bought a Shoei X-14 on impulse ($600 taxes in) couldn't pass up, from 613 Motorsports. They also had a steal on Sidi boots ($200 taxes in).

Cruiser riders: check out the 'Big Blue Motorcycle Lift' booth. That thing is awesome.

I hate to say it because I own 2 Ninjas and love team green, but Kawasaki's booth was rather plain and disappointing. I was hoping to see the latest ZX-10RR or the winter test KRT models. Instead only a STOCK, matte grey ZX-10R sitting next to the new ZX-6R (also completely stock).
From a brand and marketing perspective I'm baffled by the lack of promotion. Here's essentially the bike Jonathan Rea rides, winning the last 4 WSBK Riders Championships (and helping Kawasaki win 3 Manufacturer Championships with Tom Sykes). And this coming season, Jordan Szoke, the reigning CSBK Champion, will be on a '19 ZX-10R. But oddly no news or posters, no KRT swag, no "we dominate SBK racing" headlines or promotional signage —nada thing— at the booth.

And lastly, the elephant in the room: where, oh where are all the electric motorcycles/concepts? Absolutely nothing at this show, Toronto arguably the biggest market for motorcycles in Canada. Very strange in light of the massive changes occurring in the automotive industry and the imminent shift away from ICE.

Speaking of absences, did anyone notice if the following were at the show:

-Cycle Canada
-Twisted Throttle

I didn’t see either and am curious if they were actually absent or not.

Rob

Speaking of absences, did anyone notice if the following were at the show:

-Cycle Canada
-Twisted Throttle

I didn’t see either and am curious if they were actually absent or not.

Rob

Been a CC supporter since it was a newspaper back in the 70's.The last 5 years have seen it go steadily downhill.The latest issue came in the mail on thursday and went into the recycle this morning.It used to be a great ballsy publication.But now it just caters to the politicians and the pc crowd.I won't renew my subscription.I'm not alone.

I didn't see bluestreak there either.

cycle canada mag has been on life support for a couple years, some problems with editors/publishers and egos didnt help the cause. They can quietly go away.

Was it just me or did anybody else find it odd, sad, weird , that in the "me too" era and trying to get girls more into riding we still have booths featuring, or trying to feature scantily clad gals getting some billable hours before their shift on the pole comes up? Just put your pants back on ladies.

Been a CC supporter since it was a newspaper back in the 70's.The last 5 years have seen it go steadily downhill.The latest issue came in the mail on thursday and went into the recycle this morning.It used to be a great ballsy publication.But now it just caters to the politicians and the pc crowd.I won't renew my subscription.I'm not alone.

100% agree.
I let my subscription run out last year.
Sad, as I used to really look forward to it and read it front to back - one of the few bike mags I did.

Rob

Another thing I was wondering is what’s up with the pitiful display by Royal Distributing at both this and last year’s show? Last year their whole booth was only Bell helmets and this year not much more. I wonder if they have some sort of deal with GP to “lay low” at the show so-to-speak? Given Royal’s massive warehouses full of stuff, you think they’d bring more to blow out.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Just got back from show today was the same as every other year and very packed, did not buy anything, but got a few pics with Premiere Doug Ford, that was the highlight!

Back
Top Bottom