Return to stock or sell with mods | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Return to stock or sell with mods

...I'd be tempted to leave them on there and advertise the bike with a price towards the upper end of the usual range, and see if you get any nibbles. If someone shows up and tries to beat you up on the price, that's when you offer to take the suspension parts out of it.

This is the approach I took as well. Ended up selling the bike for a premium and didn't have to put up with the hassle of taking the bike apart.

Sounds like a plan. And it is full forks / shock so not too bad a swap. Other stuff would be easy too.

j

In my experience it is a hassle to remove farkles and then try and resell them. It takes a long time and you end up with a lot of no-shows and lookie-loos who don't end up buying. Unless it is something you can transfer onto your new bike to save you buying it new when said part is still in great shape (case in point I took my Givi topbox off my Bandit and simply bought the new mounting plate to put it on my ST1300) then I say just leave them on the bike. They probably won't fetch you any extra $$ on the sale of your bike but if they are tasteful/useful farkles then they will help you sell your bike faster.

Put the bike on sale of it's actual value without the shocks in question. Then see if you can upsell your forks/shocks at 30-50% of their retail value to anyone who's interested. Praise why it's so amazing and why you just had to have it and how it stands out from the factory and why anyone would half a brain would be jumping all over having these amazing things on their Duc. If not do the cost base analysis of uninstalling them and selling them and dealing with depreciation over time and if it's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom