Introducing Tenaci-Wong Canada | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Introducing Tenaci-Wong Canada

And there is the problem with the internet.I have always said that i wouldn't type anything that i wouldn't say to someones face.GTAM isn't too bad tho.I tried posting some info on Trials Central,but gave up.It was a contest for the wittiest reply to all the other posters.

Didn't realize this was a super serious thread. My apologies.

Everybody likes to show how clever they are. People need to realize what this bike is, and what it's meant to be. I think it just might fill a niche in the market. It's not easy to buy new top name machines for young kids who will outgrow it in two seasons, or for a spouse who may only ride occasionally or a spare bike. There are a multitude of reasons why a well built, more economical bike can do well here in Ontario. Has anyone see the for sale ads on used trials bikes in Ontario? Pretty slim pickings.
Gee :/ I had to buy all my own motorcycles since my first one when I was 10 and they only got fixed if I fixed it.

;) one reason you might not see a lot of them for sale is because they last a long time and some people keep them almost forever. Plus, the events are frequented by small dealers just like Ron or Dave or Neil and if you want to trade in your old ride on a new one they are really good at that.
... as well as having spare bars, chain clips, tires, levers etc. etc. on hand for when you crash and need one to finish the event.

And yes the sport suffers from a stigma that you need to be a trick monkey to ride one :| which is totally not the case, they are the easiest motorcycle on earth to ride.

Well I'm glad your parents taught you to save and buy what you want but the days of sending kids to work on a farm at 10 are gone. My kids are 11 and 12, both have paper routes, neither can afford a motorcycle ON THEIR OWN. Hence the parents helping.
You also seem too have built a small empire in the north including a mansion for a garage. Not every family is in your shoes financially.
This is likely the nicest looking, best spec'd bike to ever come out of China. Inventory is rolling out. If you have concerns about parts supply why dont you call Rob Lang and ask?
Is this bike the answer to everyone's prayers? No.
Is this a great looking entry level or experienced rider play bike? Yes.
Will it be long term reliable? We dont know yet, let's give it a chance.
One other major factor that I think people may have forgotten. This bike wasn't made in China by an American. This bike was designed and built by a Chinese company in China. Perhaps they will have better luck keeping the manufacturer honest with materials etc.
To be honest, I've always said I'd rather buy a used name brand bike before buying a new Chinese bike, better value in my mind.
However this one seems to have much more into it than a $700 pit bike.
If I was looking for a deal on a new trials bike I'd at least be giving these a good hard look.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Buddy is going to take possession of a new T-W at my place on the 16th.
(y) any excuse for a ride day, 4 riders so far,
going to see real quick if T-W can get up big hills.
if you have a trials bike bring it out, will be a fun ride day
and a good opportunity to beg a T-W test ride out of the distributor ;)

Wingboy you should come out, bring family

Wingboy you should come out, bring family
Thanks Trials.I don't leave the house for more than 2 hours. Still taking care of my recuperating wife. Have fun.

I really don't understand all the negativity.People spend thousands of dollars on household this and that every year from China.And this is different somehow? I'm not supporting it,i haven't even seen it or ridden it.I'll save my judgement for when i have.But i do have a lot of good info on it because the importer is a good friend and a very knowledgable source.Ah well...internet.

I think the problem is most cheap Chinese stuff is the kind you just throw away if it doesn't work. That's a little more difficult with a motorcycle. The problem is not quality or dependability. It has more to do with serviceability. Where's the parts network? It took the Japanese years to get that established and it was a hinderance for them. People want to know they can get parts easily with mechanical things.

Getting parts is everything, having a $29 toaster sidelined is one thing, having a 5k bike parked is different. And its not the support of an importer, they are at the mercy of the manufacturer.
And its certainly not limited to Chinese manufacture. I owed Italian bikes through the 70's and 80's , either the manufacturer was going broke or it was July and Italy was closed for 4 weeks.
I'm looking forward to seeing one out on the trail.

Well they do go up hills pretty good ;) but so far it was afraid to follow me down a few steep drops.
For sure is plenty of motorcycle for up to about an intermediate or possibly advanced level section.
Wide ratio gearbox apparently results in a lot of first gear riding but they seem to climb long steep runs good in second, third is probably too tall for normal severe trials type terrain, you would end up using that only on fire roads and more level single track trails.
Everything here is steep.

...i even have a Chinese made 1911 pistol that is perfectly fine in fit finish and function, which I can't say for an American made version of the same gun I also own.

Word has been that the steel those Norinco's are made from has a higher brinnel(sp?) rating than those if other manufacturers...

It took the Japanese years to get that established and it was a hinderance for them.
When I had a new Kawi in 2009 it was still faster (and far cheaper) to order OEM parts from Thailand than to try to get them from the dealer.

When I had a new Kawi in 2009 it was still faster (and far cheaper) to order OEM parts from Thailand than to try to get them from the dealer.
Is that where they are made?
Canadian dealer?
Then I should hope so (y) you shortened the supply chain.

The build quality is immaterial - we should not be supporting our #1 rival/enemy in the world economically. We already do that involuntarily in many ways - in ways we have a choice...100% no.

Open your mind to what is possible.China can build good products.And this one is going to do really well i think.

The bike will be at the SOCT booth in hall 4 at the Toronto Supershow.
Home
TW_Bling_11.jpg

The build quality is immaterial - we should not be supporting our #1 rival/enemy in the world economically. We already do that involuntarily in many ways - in ways we have a choice...100% no.
Ya, ok. Let's build a wall. Lol

It depends on how big your tin foil hat is - but the Chinese market is not open to our products, if we wanted to sell a Canadian-made motorcycle there we would need to build a factory there or it wouldn't even be allowed (tariffs on their side that would ensure it was prohibitive).

There is no reason for us to allow their products to come in other than so a small number of Canadians can be enriched at the expense of a large number of Canadians.

Let's be clear, this isn't xenophobic sentiment or something, we're all humans, but on a politics vs politics level we shouldn't trade with China. If you want to support the PRC to save a few bucks on a ****** bike, well...probably this argument won't be compelling to you anyway.

It depends on how big your tin foil hat is - but the Chinese market is not open to our products, if we wanted to sell a Canadian-made motorcycle there we would need to build a factory there or it wouldn't even be allowed (tariffs on their side that would ensure it was prohibitive).

There is no reason for us to allow their products to come in other than so a small number of Canadians can be enriched at the expense of a large number of Canadians.

Let's be clear, this isn't xenophobic sentiment or something, we're all humans, but on a politics vs politics level we shouldn't trade with China.
Is this a theoretical argument? What canadian job is tw hurting (yet alone a large number)? The way I see it, it has created jobs as now there is a Canadian making money through distribution, shipping companies make money and the lower price point make get more riders on trials bikes so that is more events and more mechanics work. Sounds like a win to me.

The product is competing in a space against products from other countries with better labor and human rights standards, so while it may be true that some small number of Canadian jobs will be there - eventually jobs that support the products from other places will be lost.

"Who cares, I just want a cheap bike" - this sentiment may be the eventual reason why we lose out to other more draconian competitor nations. If you want to live somewhere with freedom it means exercising that freedom once in awhile to make good choices.

To each their own, but if you're doing well enough to have a choice - why not support products from a different place - my .02

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom