Introducing Tenaci-Wong Canada | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Introducing Tenaci-Wong Canada

Na, Brian is a way more powerful rider right now, well over 200 pounds, tireless and fearless. I call him the energizer bunny, aim him at some crazy vertical rock face and he'll assault it until he perfects it, the bike gives up or the catchers give out.

wojo.jpg

Last edited:
I take that video for what it is. Just a few guys playing around with it and feeling it out. But yeah the average off road rider on an enduro could get around just as well so it doesn’t really show off the capabilities of the bike. Putting a top level rider on it and competing for a year would really help them sell I imagine.

What’s an average new trials bike cost? If it’s around $8500ish that might make this a tough sell, if it’s over $10,000 then I see it as decent value. I would be concerned about resale though.

TW200 is an entry level bike, you won't see any expert riders on one unless you want to sponsor one. The thing has a 2 valve engine with electric start and a counter-balancer shaft :/ nobody puts electric start which requires a battery and an ant-vibration counter-balancer shaft on a competition trials bike.

TRS is the price/performance value leader right now and is sub 10k.

I always thought trials riding looked like a gentlemanly event, some tweed, maybe some waxed cotton, slow speeds and polite judges. But wow there are some big swinging ***** in this club.

I always thought trials riding looked like a gentlemanly event, some tweed, maybe some waxed cotton, slow speeds and polite judges. But wow there are some big swinging ***** in this club.

I have spent time riding with both the ATA and the SOCT.They are both great organizations.The ATA is more competition oriented because people are competing for national points.The SOCT is a group of family oriented like minded riders out for a good time.
The only dick swinging is on forums.I have never spent any time at a trial with the other posters in this thread,but i hope to in the future.

I always thought ...

Trials riding is a full body exercise, it's a great way to improve your riding skills, it's a great way to do more then just drink beer and watch TV, but it is none of those things you "always thought".

Amateur observed trials events are not for profit sporting events that would not happen if somebody did not make the significant effort to arrange or provide the venues, purchase the materials, cut and clear trees and set out 5 lines of section difficulty to accommodate the various levels of skills and ages of the riders that will be competing. You can not set up a successful trials event unless you are intimately familiar with what the bikes and the riders who will be participating are capable of, and absolutely nobody is doing this for anything other then fun and camaraderie. We don't have judges, we have section Checkers If we are extremely lucky, club and event organizes if we are extremely lucky, spectators if we are extremely lucky, enough riders to make a complete class of the minimum 3 riders if we are lucky and extremely appreciative for all of those things when it does come together. Trials events are the only competition motor sport where you will see riders cheering on or advising competing riders, minding (catching flying motorcycles in the event the rider should lose control) or chuck their 10k bike on the ground to run to the aid of a crashed rider.

But wow, you really should do yourself and the clubs the justice of actually attending an event live before drawing conclusions, or posting rude comments about something which you have no clue.

Last edited:
Trials riding is a full body exercise, it's a great way to improve your riding skills, it's a great way to do more then just drink beer and watch TV, but it is none of those things you "always thought".

Amateur observed trials events are not for profit sporting events that would not happen if somebody did not make the significant effort to arrange or provide the venues, purchase the materials, cut and clear trees and set out 5 lines of section difficulty to accommodate the various levels of skills and ages of the riders that will be competing. You can not set up a successful trials event unless you are intimately familiar with what the bikes and the riders who will be participating are capable of, and absolutely nobody is doing this for anything other then fun and camaraderie. We don't have judges, we have section Checkers If we are extremely lucky, club and event organizes if we are extremely lucky, spectators if we are extremely lucky, enough riders to make a complete class of the minimum 3 riders if we are lucky and extremely appreciative for all of those things when it does come together. Trials events are the only competition motor sport where you will see riders cheering on or advising competing riders, minding (catching flying motorcycles in the event the rider should lose control) or chuck their 10k bike on the ground to run to the aid of a crashed rider.

But wow, you really should do yourself and the clubs the justice of actually attending an event live before drawing conclusions, or posting rude comments about something which you have no clue.

I have been to many trials events. It's something special.
Just finding a good vantage point in any of the sections is part of the fun.

I have been to many trials events. It's something special.
Just finding a good vantage point in any of the sections is part of the fun.
:thumbup: That is always true at highly attended world round events.
At our events I usually set up a number of sections that can be viewed from the road or lake so that even a person in a wheelchair can observe or check with little difficulty. Riders appreciate having a trail loop with some distance so there are always a few sections back in the woods where you will want your hiking boots on. I also arrange sections in pairs or 3's so that observers and checkers can view more then just the one section they are scoring at. Photos and video does not convey how steep or difficult the terrain within the sections actually is, you need to see it live to truly appreciate. Spectators are welcome to attend at no cost to any of the amateur club events and their attendance is also greatly appreciated.

:thumbup: That is always true at highly attended world round events.
At our events I usually set up a number of sections that can be viewed from the road or lake so that even a person in a wheelchair can observe or check with little difficulty. Riders appreciate having a trail loop with some distance so there are always a few sections back in the woods where you will want your hiking boots on. I also arrange sections in pairs or 3's so that observers and checkers can view more then just the one section they are scoring at. Photos and video does not convey how steep or difficult the terrain within the sections actually is, you need to see it live to truly appreciate. Spectators are welcome to attend at no cost to any of the amateur club events and their attendance is also greatly appreciated.

How about posting a schedule. I would love to attend as many as possible

I usually hold off scheduling an event at my place until the CSBK schedule is posted so as not to conflict, best time of year here is before black fly season or well after, I also aim for dry season because my venue is brutal in the wet (we don't cancel events due to inclement weather) typically that works out to be August. CSBK Mosport is August 9-11 so I will likely volunteer to host an event some weekend after that. CMA national last year was in B.C. so there is the possibility to make it a national event unless somebody in Quebec or east coast have plans to host. Nationals are really cool because they typically see rider attendance from other provinces. Holding national events later in the year is also good because the riders are at the top of their game.
I will absolutely keep the folks here posted. :cool:

So did you buy one as a spare yet?

I'll use my daughter's when she buys one.I think she is waiting for the aircooled model next year.

You could use one.There is a seat kit available for them.

I'll use my daughter's when she buys one.I think she is waiting for the aircooled model next year.

You could use one.There is a seat kit available for them.
Nah i would buy a used name brand a bit afraid of long term parts availability.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think the first event of spring might be May 13th. at Woody's Cycle near Perth. Sections will be a relatively easy low pressure stuff, WEC event so no competition membership will be required (read as very cheap day to play). Woody is a beta dealer so I won't be surprised if a demo bike or 2 is available, bring helmet boots and gloves if you have interest. This will not be a checked or scored event, so good 1st event of the season or first time rider. Bring a Tenchi-Wong it would probably be perfect for the terrain ;)
If you show up with a vintage or enduro type bike almost guarantee you won't be the only one riding one.

[video=facebook_share;523068251513362]https://www.facebook.com/TenaciWongCanada/videos/523068251513362/[/video]

You mean it's not lemurs on bikes carefully hopping over bare-chested Norwegians fighting to get the last swig from a 2L bottle of Aquavit? Man, Wikipedia really needs to up it's game.

And there is the problem with the internet.I have always said that i wouldn't type anything that i wouldn't say to someones face.GTAM isn't too bad tho.I tried posting some info on Trials Central,but gave up.It was a contest for the wittiest reply to all the other posters.

Everybody likes to show how clever they are. People need to realize what this bike is, and what it's meant to be. I think it just might fill a niche in the market. It's not easy to buy new top name machines for young kids who will outgrow it in two seasons, or for a spouse who may only ride occasionally or a spare bike. There are a multitude of reasons why a well built, more economical bike can do well here in Ontario. Has anyone see the for sale ads on used trials bikes in Ontario? Pretty slim pickings.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom