Introducing Tenaci-Wong Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Introducing Tenaci-Wong Canada

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Open your mind to what is possible.China can build good products.And this one is going to do really well i think.

The bike will be at the SOCT booth in hall 4 at the Toronto Supershow.
https://tenaciwong.ca/?fbclid=IwAR2vSVGYqEzHpC1Df8vSLB2tV5bcSyBV6McKGYBIkmsnkbkhd_IvWdxJBkQ
TW_Bling_11.jpg

Last edited:
China doesn't "build" products per se.

They take an existing product and basically copy it and then assemble.

That being said, they are VERY good at cloning products and often times their version is just as good as the original.

I have bought Chinese bike parts in the past with good results.

...i even have a Chinese made 1911 pistol that is perfectly fine in fit finish and function, which I can't say for an American made version of the same gun I also own.

China can build to any quality level your prepared to pay for, then you have to keep them from cheating. That said , loads of people would like to own or try a trials bike and what goes into one to make it cost 10k is a hard pill for yet another toy.
If it runs and costs reflect point of manufacture they should sell the heck out of those.

China can build to any quality level your prepared to pay for, then you have to keep them from cheating. That said , loads of people would like to own or try a trials bike and what goes into one to make it cost 10k is a hard pill for yet another toy.
If it runs and costs reflect point of manufacture they should sell the heck out of those.

I have heard that they will be $6500.

Motor sounds a little loud, acceleration looks mild (counter-balanced motor?) very nice start point!
Looks like a GasGas-ish frame with Montesa-ish styling and Yamaha-ish motor,
:cool: little bike I hope they sell thousands of them.

For 10k you get 2 exhaust headers, one with a cat converter, lights, signals, steering lock, horn, HRC technology, world class brake and suspension components, they weigh ~20 pounds less, way stronger and produce a lot more power.
This little China bike couldn't help but be better suited to a China sized rider :D they should sponsor me one and I'll ride the snot out of it!

China doesn't "build" products per se.

They take an existing product and basically copy it and then assemble.

That being said, they are VERY good at cloning products and often times their version is just as good as the original.

Replace China with Japan and I'll bet you a San Remo apple fritter that someone said exactly the same thing just before Honda introduced the 1969 CB750. It may take slightly longer due to cultural differences, but the PRC is determined to become a global superpower. If they ever get a grip on their corruption problem, then watch out!

Motor sounds a little loud, acceleration looks mild (counter-balanced motor?) very nice start point!
Looks like a GasGas-ish frame with Montesa-ish styling and Yamaha-ish motor,
:cool: little bike I hope they sell thousands of them.

For 10k you get 2 exhaust headers, one with a cat converter, lights, signals, steering lock, horn, HRC technology, world class brake and suspension components, they weigh ~20 pounds less, way stronger and produce a lot more power.
This little China bike couldn't help but be better suited to a China sized rider :D they should sponsor me one and I'll ride the snot out of it!

You should be a dealer/demo centre :) Maybe full-on trials school as a retirement job.

You should be a dealer/demo centre :) Maybe full-on trials school as a retirement job.
If I can do it for free I'd be good with that :| send parts, lots and lots of replacement parts, we're gonna break them.

Ya, works well and you can do that when you copy stuff and ignore copyrights. And we wonder why GM, Ford are having difficulty so need scapegoats like blaming the unions. I would boycott any vehicle made there like the Volvo and this bike. Trump was right, time to love your country and be a nationalist, cause China doesn't play by the same rules.

There you go, we need Bombardier to build one.

Bombardier hasnt looked at two wheels since I was a teenager, I only see them now at vintage meets . The other Bombardier could take a run, they would be 6 yrs coming to market, $21,000. ea and missing parts on delivery. Otherwise great plan.

At $6500 I'd likely find a 5-7yr old existing brand trials bike. If CSC , sort of adventure bike guys could get to market for 5K , this seems more. maybe i'm missing something

I'll bet closer to $1500. I read in several places the wholesale price to distribution is about $500 (2500RNB), add shipping and typical margins and you might be closer to $1500.

The challenge with Chinese hard goods is the what I call 'culture of cheap'. Chinese manufacturers are always looking at driving cost out of products. Cheaper materials, lower cost subcontractors, copy without engineering costs... in the end it degrades products and makes it difficult to maintain consistent quality levels.

The challenge with Chinese hard goods is the what I call 'culture of cheap'. Chinese manufacturers are always looking at driving cost out of products. Cheaper materials, lower cost ....

You can say that again. I bought a "bargain" USB/cigarette outlet for my bike from Aliexpress, and should never have installed it. Right out of the package it stunk up the house with an overpowering old rubber smell. Even my fingers smelled of rubber after installing it (carcinogenic? - likely). After installing it, and because of an undiagnosed parasitic draw, over the next 2 years I went through 3 batteries. The bargain price was $100 per battery X 3 = $300. You get what you pay for.

You can say that again. I bought a "bargain" USB/cigarette outlet for my bike from Aliexpress, and should never have installed it. Right out of the package it stunk up the house with an overpowering old rubber smell. Even my fingers smelled of rubber after installing it (carcinogenic? - likely). After installing it, and because of an undiagnosed parasitic draw, over the next 2 years I went through 3 batteries. The bargain price was $100 per battery X 3 = $300. You get what you pay for.

not really sure you can blame the chinese for a bad installation. USB are powered all the time IF THAT'S HOW YOU HOOKED IT UP. its a tiny little stepdown transformer gizmo. It was undiagnosed , because it was installed incorrectly. you get what you pay for then you have to make it work.

Indeed, you should get what you pay for, for example this bike was advertised to list at 2700 US$ in 2016
That would imply a Canadian$ list price target of something less than 4000$ CDN$ as being reasonable.

...i even have a Chinese made 1911 pistol that is perfectly fine in fit finish and function, which I can't say for an American made version of the same gun I also own.

Can you name me a 1911 US manufacturer that is beat by Norinco ?

see thats sort of where I saw it, in the 4K ish range.
But if I was the CDN distributor and next in line is 10K + , I'd start at $6500 ish and see what turns.

dropping your pants is easy, pulling up on them is harder.

see thats sort of where I saw it, in the 4K ish range.
But if I was the CDN distributor and next in line is 10K + , I'd start at $6500 ish and see what turns.

dropping your pants is easy, pulling up on them is harder.

If you were competing with the 10k product head to head you could probably do that :| but this bike has a 10 horsepower 2 valve counter-balanced 6 speed electric start Lifan scooter motor with no-name everything attached to it. They would have been way better off powering it by electric, then they could maybe ask that price and see it happen.

I really don't understand all the negativity.People spend thousands of dollars on household this and that every year from China.And this is different somehow? I'm not supporting it,i haven't even seen it or ridden it.I'll save my judgement for when i have.But i do have a lot of good info on it because the importer is a good friend and a very knowledgable source.Ah well...internet.

Back
Top Bottom