Neck Brace Study (leatt and similar) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Neck Brace Study (leatt and similar)

Interesting :rolleyes: the EMS guy on the quad in that link appears to be wearing a ball cap, short sleeves, no gloves and no neck brace. <- practice what you preach.

I wear an Atlas air brace when I ride/race mx. I crashed pretty good this year on a step down jump and ended up breaking my fall with my forehead. My helmet cracked in 3 places but my neck was okay all things considered. The one thing about that is that maybe the brace restricted movement leading to more force being absorbed by the helmet. Every crash is going to be different though and I was back at work the next day so I was pretty happy with how everything worked.

I'm not crazy about it trail riding. It's better in the trails if I don't wear a chest protector but still it is hard to look up hills when standing. Never an issue on a track though with mobility.

All in all I won't ride mx without one. I don't ride enough trails to say either way but I can see arguments for and against using one when it comes to trail riding.

Leatt Neck braces are great protection for spine & collar bones...not so much for sternum if helmet is impacted towards your chest...ask me how i know lol...took 2 months to laugh, cough and sneeze without stabbing pain in chest...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom