Trailer talk with GVH - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trailer talk with GVH

Re: Trailer talk with GVH

Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post

Backing up is all on you LOL
    Until he decides to upgrade his truck to pull his fancy new trailer . Do all new ford trucks have the trailer backup/anti-sway and all that crap or is it part of an option?

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    Uhaul installs hitches and wiring as cheap as anybody, the big store on barton in Hamilton is pretty decent.

Backing up is all on you LOL
    This trailers about a foot wider than my truck. Also two foot four longer. My other issue I need the hitch for is the A frame setup will hit my bumper hitch much sooner than my last one. Picking up the spare Thursday. Already bought a coupler lock. This ones worth steeling.

Quote Originally Posted by GVH View Post
    ......... Also painting or coating the wood.
    Never use paint on a trailer bed or you'll be scraping, sanding and renewing peeling paint every year or two, use linseed oil instead. If you're storing this trailer outside then get an oversized tarp from CT and keep the rain and snow off of it. PA has trailer tongue locks on sale as well as chain for looping through the wheel spokes and over the axle on each side.
    PS

2002 Honda ST1100, 1977 Yamaha XS750, 1975 Yamaha XS500, Honda MT250, Honda CR250, Honda CB450, Honda TL125, Honda CB175, Kawasaki G4 100 and Honda CT70

Ya bought the locks yesterday. One for me one for a buddy. They already stole his car trailer once.

Almost done. LED lights installed, Spare bought and mounted. Need to decide on what to use on the wood. Looing at oil based water proof deck stains.

https://www.olympic.com/stain-colors...a-olystain2505